Audi Q7 The Audi Q7, beauty on and off the streets. Refined styling paired with power and advanced technology.

How can we get more participation on this forum?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2014, 10:19 AM
1st Gear
Default How can we get more participation on this forum?

Hello Fellow Audi lovers.....HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL....!!!

I am not yet a Q7 owner, but plan to be soon. So I have been searching & researching for information and experiences regarding the Q7. This forum has some posts and replies regarding things like brakes and electrical issues, but I see many posts with very little or no activity.

I am a long time Audi/VW owner and enthusiast, I'm also a DYI'er and plan on posting my experiences in the hopes of helping others. I believe we as a group can be our greatest resource in making the most of our Q7 ownership. This forum can be a source of information that we can all access to react to problems, and more importantly...act proactively to avoid future problems.

I realize that the Q7 is a fairly new vehicle, and maybe that has some bearing on the lack of input to this forum. But I'm sure there are quite a few of us out there with VAG-COMs and wrench turning experience, and sharing our experiences will greatly help others and take some the fear and mystery out of these vehicles.

So Q7 Gang....what things can we do on this forum that would benefit you? What can we do to get more input from our members?

All feedback....both positive and negative...is welcome.

Old 11-29-2014, 02:34 PM
Site Moderator/B5 Tech Guru

Hey Flat, I think you're on the money that the Q7 being a newer car limits the amount of DIY questions and work that come to the forums. Most of the cars are probably still under warranty and get taken to the dealer if something breaks.

I would wager that there are also much fewer Q7s sold than A4s, A6s, etc. As the cars age we might see more participation. You could also spread the word about the forums if you go to any car meets and meet fellow Q7 owners.

Hope you like your new car!