AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   Audi Q7 (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-q7-66/)
-   -   Q7 2015 295/40/r21 ok ? (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-q7-66/q7-2015-295-40-r21-ok-219857/)

Joshua Rich 07-16-2016 10:35 AM

Man, you went above and beyond! Much appreciated...I definitely know what I'm going with.

mwarren19 07-25-2016 04:22 PM

Conti Wheels

TheKochs- THanks for that information and pics. I have a 2013 Q7 S-Line Prestige and have the exact wheels as you do. I have Factory Dunlops on mine and the road noise is terrible. Now that you have had the Conti's for awhile, how is the road noise in the cabin? I think I am going to pull the trigger on them and like you said, you can get more mileage out of them. This is one of the few all season tires I have seen, I wonder how long you can get out of them before the "W" is worn away.

Thanks for all the info.

Matt

frankqwe 10-23-2016 03:01 PM

295/40/21 Conti Great Choice!

Originally Posted by thekochs (Post 1500990)
I had worried about them "fitting"....ie, rubbing with the extra height. Rear wheel wells of course no concern. The issue/concern was the front wells as you turned in or out sharply, plus compression of struts/shocks. The installers checked (we had 35s on standby) and I was in garage when they installed and looked myself. They road tested.....and I did as well putting it thru forward and backward hard turns and up/down a VERY steep driveway...basically worst case scenarios......I found no issues. However, my caveat is that this is a MY2015 Q7 & it does not have the adjustable air ride feature. Thus, not sure for those other folks considering doing this that may have different MY/etc....but wanted to post this result.

Also, I had friend who is part of large national tire wholesaler and he said/confirmed that the Conti new ExtremeContact DWS06 tires are really great product. I have not had extensive driving yet but as "new" tires both on aux streets and highway (I did test at up to 70mph) they road great. I will say the Pirelli P-Zero is perhaps slightly better ride but with them wearing out at ~15K miles, versus the DWS06 having 50K mile tread warranty, it was no brainer choice. Maybe other folks can afford $1300+ a year for tires but not me. Anyway, for those considering on size concerns and ride the DWS06s seem great ride and DO fit Q7.

I love the look and ride of the 295/40/21 Tires on the Q7. No
Issues at all

Joshua Rich 05-30-2017 03:29 PM

Finally

8 Attachment(s)
I finally put some new rubber on the Q. I went with a 295/40R21 as well but trying the Pirelli Scorpion Zero. Hope they work out well. I sure do like the way they ride! Virtually no difference in cornering or dynamic movements. I chose a more aggressive tire for improved off-roading capabilities as well.

Alexandru Bogdan 08-12-2017 12:32 PM

Check here man : Audi Q7 tire size for all wheels front and rear axles 2005-2017 | Cars Tire Size ? Dimensions For All Wheels Front and Rear Axles . You will find what you want.