Audi Q7 The Audi Q7, beauty on and off the streets. Refined styling paired with power and advanced technology.

Upset Q7 owner

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 04:57 PM
1st Gear
Default Upset Q7 owner

I bought my wife a Q7 for X-mas. The only reason she picked it over the BMW and BENZ, is that she was told we could get a pet berrier per the Q7. Come to find out it is not for the US market. You can only get it in the UK.

We have tried after market barriers. They do not work. Because of the roof of the Q7, the expandable ones will not work. On top of that the one that is for the UK Q7, yo do not have to open the back hatchback to get the dogs in an out. It has a small door that opens into the main part of the car. I would order on online, but in the picture the Q7 has a sliding tie down ours does not. If you look at the picture it is on the bottom left.

http://autoschultz-shop.de/shop/start.php?audi_q7_transport.php

Any info would be great.

Old 12-21-2007, 04:39 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Upset Q7 owner

I was just informed that the pet barrier I want will not fit the US model. They said that the slide you see in the bottom left, they left of the US model (I was afraid of that). It doesn't look as is this track has anything to do with the barrier. My new question is: How hard would it be to put it on mine. The after market pet gates just do not work.

Old 12-23-2007, 01:05 PM
Site Moderator

The use of a pet barrier was the deciding factor when chosing between $40k+ vehicles...... Wow.... Good luck with your big problem.

Old 12-25-2007, 10:20 PM
1st Gear

My wife was going to go with BMW X5, ML by benz, or the Range Rover Sport. I gave her a top of 70K. We have had the X5 and the Benz. My choice would have been the Sport. She wanted this car, but if she knew she could not have a reliable pet barrier, she would have gone with the sport as well. I guess when I trade mine in next year I know what I am getting.

Old 12-27-2007, 01:39 AM
1st Gear

gl man, I wouldn't recommend getting the sport thought, a friend of my has had two in the past 5 years... apparently they are really hard to maintain =/

Old 12-30-2007, 01:23 PM
1st Gear

Found this on the Audi web site. They call it a net partition...for US models. I think this may help keep fido in check.

Net Partition Audi Q7
Item Number: 4L0861691 94H [/align]http://www.audi-collection.com/itemd...d%20Protection[/align][/align]

Old 01-09-2008, 11:49 AM
1st Gear

Thanks incrementalg,

We tried that net barrier before I posted on this site. The problem with that barrier is that we have two Jack Russell Terriers. The net has about a 6" to 8" gap on both sides. If one had a large dog it would work great. Again thanks for the reply.

Old 06-03-2008, 11:57 AM
bfr
1st Gear

Fido (really named Stella) goes in the kennel when she's inmy wife'sQ7 (and I didn't "give" her any price limit). Stella is much safer, she is happy, feels safe and secure and wedon't have some butt ugly barrier in the car...making it look like a Rover.

The one we have is a sof-krate...real similar to this one: http://firstrax.net/product.php?b=1&id=36

It is great... no rattles, folds up in seconds, easy to carry.

[IMG]local://upfiles/40455/7591C71EBF6248F8A4D288D7A2BC57B5.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-05-2008, 11:41 AM
1st Gear

"(and I didn't "give" her any price limit)." Well I guess your wife does not spend money just for the sake of spending money. Don't get me wrong I love my wife, but she tends to like 6K+ handbags and 10K+ watches. She loveHermes and Cartier. I could just see her coming home with the AMG G500 by Mercedes. The last time I did not give her a limit, she came home with a 30K Cartier watch.

I have a question with the http://firstrax.net/product.php?b=1&id=36. Does it tend to tip over? It seems there is no weight to it. If Kaloha were to lean on the side of it, it looks like it would just roll right over.

Old 06-05-2008, 01:57 PM

ugh, gag me.[:'(]

Quick Reply: Upset Q7 owner