Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

2001 225 quattro- windows, heater fan, noises

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2005, 03:24 PM
Default 2001 225 quattro- windows, heater fan, noises

Hello- just got a 2001 TT 225 hp 6 speed quattro 2 weeks ago- Having some minor issues with it.

- Sometimes the window acts like it was possesed by the devil: I would roll it down and then when trying to roll it back up it will stop half way then I would have to play with for a minute then it will eventually cooperate.

- The heater will all of a sudden be close to max force eventhough I only set it at low. It increases (the fan) power occasionally when I accelerate.

- My main gripe right now is somtimes, when I fire up the TT, keeping in mind it is in the low teens here in CHicago, IL., It will make a knocking thud when reversing... sounds like it's coming from the rear of vehicle but this is my first manual transmission car, so I thought maybe it's just the pressure that I am applying to clutch and gas but I pretty much know what I'm doing now and I'm surprised that the noise still ocurs.

If anyone has any ideas on what's causing these problems or if anyone has already experienced similar issues- please respond.

I am in love with this car I but wish it was perfect!

Thanx!

TT Ko

Old 12-12-2005, 01:02 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: 2001 225 quattro- windows, heater fan, noises

Well the windows are fully automatic and just tapping the button up or down will roll it all the way up or down. There is no need to hold the button up or down when rolling up/down the windows. Tapping it in midway will stop it. If you are doing this then it could be an electrical issue.

The heater will vary if its on automatic mode depending on how hot your engine is and the temp you set the heater to. If on HI and the engine is cold it will be low speed till the engine warms up then slowly get warmer and faster speed. Just turn off automatic mode it should be one of the buttons (i dont remember which one).

When positioning into reverse I also get a knocking from going into gear which is normal

Most of these issues can be explained in the manual if you got one with the TT