Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

2008 Audi TT performance opinions

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 01:56 PM
1st Gear
Default 2008 Audi TT performance opinions

Hi everyone. I currently own a 2001 Audi TT Quattro Coupe but am going to upgrade to something newer like the 2008 TT. I love the way it looks, and I've heard a lot of positive reviews in regards to the performance and handling of this machine. Is it true? Are there any owners out there that can attest to that? The looks are a big selling point to me alone (as was with the original TT) but the performance improvements is another big thing. Any opinions or comments would be appreciated. I'm trying to get as much information about these cars as I can.

Furthermore; how does performance compare to something like an A5? That is another car I'm looking at, mostly because I've heard the back seat may be more usable and actually hold an adult passenger comfortably. Maybe the S5 is more on the same performance scale as the TT? I'm not sure...anyone know?

Again, any opinion is of value to me right now. Let me know what you know!

Old 03-10-2008, 05:14 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: 2008 Audi TT performance opinions

IMO their are better sportscars out there then the new tt. I like the new camaro, g35, m3, ect. But, I guess it completely depends on what you plan to do with it (dd, race, summer only, ect).

Old 03-10-2008, 05:36 PM
1st Gear

I'm looking at the V6. It is an all season car and I'm in Minnesota so it must handle harsh winter conditions and it will be a daily driver. I don't plan on doing any racing.

Old 03-10-2008, 05:59 PM
I'm make believe

The new 2.0T has huge potential. The 3.2 is nice if you dont want to mod it, but the 2.0T will make huge power with ease.

Old 03-10-2008, 06:29 PM
3rd Gear

New TT = Not worth the Money.

Look into your other options.

If you're in that price range there are alot of other cars that are morecar for the $

Old 03-10-2008, 07:20 PM
I'm make believe

The cost of the change is more than what it would cost to make huge power with the 1.8t and rebuild the engine to perfect working order and hold the power. $10k is more than enough to do this and still have some left over for brakes and coilovers

Old 03-10-2008, 08:32 PM
3rd Gear

i have race track time with the new TT and was very impressed at how well it handled...its like drving on rails...but my TT is def a lot quicker....i drove the 3.2 v6 model. and that dsg tranny is amazing.

Old 03-10-2008, 09:23 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: WishIWasRWD

New TT = Not worth the Money.

Look into your other options.

If you're in that price range there are alot of other cars that are morecar for the $
Can you please give my some examples of why it is not worth the money? What other AWD cars would you reccomend that are in a similar category and price range? The only others that really appeal to me are the A5 and the BMW 328xi, both of which are AWD. If I were having to make a choice between the A5 and the 328xi I'd choose the BMW.

As for modifying my current setup, sure, I can add performance upgrades, new wheels, body kits, etc. I have the experience but not the time and I don't care to void the factory warranty. I figured I'd go with the V6 option so that I wouldn't have to tinker (I'm certainly not going to go down in HP with a new car). What easy modifications can be made to the new 2.0 TT?

Basically, I want something I can get in and go. The TT I have now has lost some of the prestige that it once had two years ago when I bought it. I'm seeing more and more of them around and I want something different again, something not so common.

If you have any ideas of alternative cars or other thoughts on the new TT, both engine options, please let me know. I'm willing to take any suggestions and advice to great thought.

Old 03-10-2008, 09:30 PM
2nd Gear

Thats why i got my tt is not a common car sure you see a few every once in a while but not all the time...ferrari isnt common because ther e expensive alot have them but you rarely see them same goes for the TT. If you want a daily Driver with performance id say the 08 TT is a good choice year round its awd not too many of them on the road its sporty fast handles like a dream according to andrew...bmw is another excellent choice i owbed a 325 it was nice but my tt will smoke it both in handling and performance M3 is nice but its rwd awd or fwd is better in the snow...theres alot to factor in but the 08 tt has my vote

Old 03-10-2008, 09:44 PM
2nd Gear

I own a 2.0T 08 TT which cost about $37000 all said and done with a premium upgrade. The looks are awesome and the handleing is way better than the older models and lighter too. The dual clutch is great and really helps it beat other cars that have to manual shift. With a chip for $600 I am putting down around 220 whp and 270 or more tq and would think a 0 -60 time of 5.4. For only a 2 or 3 K more than the older models were new and all the upgrades they added it is worth the money. The DSG, mechanical steering, aluminum frame, 2.0T engine with a higher compression make for an awesome drive. I had an 02 1.8T TT (bought new) and loved it but this one beats it by far. I have run with some 300 hp cars and have won or stayed even with them. I can also get 27 mpg in the city and 33 mpg on the highway. So power when you want it and MPG when you want it. And like Cincy said you can MOD the hell out of it. And the TTS coming out will have even more HP. So coming froma guy that has had both take it for what its worth.

And if I were to add an exhaust, FMIC, bigger intercooler and intake piping, and all the other little mods that can be done on the 1.8T and 2.0T and add a LSD the car would be real fast. Add a K04 and it would kill. So a few K in mods on a 1.8 and the same mods on the 2.0 I feel the 2.0 comes out ahead even if you get FWD.

Quick Reply: 2008 Audi TT performance opinions