Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Antenna ripped off

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2017, 10:05 PM
1st Gear
Default Antenna ripped off

Help! Someone ripped my antenna off. Can't get the actual receiver thing off to install a new one. Or can I order new and snap one right back on? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks! Diane

Old 05-16-2017, 08:08 PM

Greetings,

Can you post a photo of what the damage looks like so we and or I can better assess the issue. For future reference, just remember, a picture(s) speak a thousand words and Yes, I am a geek, a nerd and a professional product development automotive engineer.

Old 05-18-2017, 06:26 PM
1st Gear

Yes pictures please!
but in the mean time, one thing to keep in mind is if it was vandalism, it may be covered by insurance and possibly at no change to your rates depending on your coverage though. Its worth mentioning. but back to the issue, the antenna is overly complex depending on your year and type of car... On my 02 A4, the antennas (yes there are plural) stopped working completely. My solution was just to get a new head unit (I wanted to anyways) and then get an aftermarket antenna that had the standard plug and It used adhesive to stick to glass. I mounted it in the windshield behind the rearview mirror and it works like a charm. The other route to go is to hope the rest of the system in the car is ok and just replace the rooftop antenna. Try to go OEM on this as the aftermarket ones that are designed to work with the OEM dual antenna system don't normally work that well. if the wire was torn, then you will have to either get another connector, or cut off the connector on the antenna and splice them together. then use some sort of adhesive to put it back on the roof. Keep in mind, all of this information is only relevant to my vehicle, but the basic concepts still apply. Depending on the year and damage done of course.
Hope this info helps!
-Chris

Old 12-02-2020, 07:22 PM
1st Gear

I'd actually advise to use a magnetic cb antenna

Old 12-03-2020, 08:46 AM
1st Gear

Yeah, actually, cb magnetic antenna seems to be the best variant to use while traveling! By the way, if I hadn't discovered this thread and this source, I wouldn't have probably purchased a new version of cb base station antenna, however I don't feel sory for this purchase, i even think that it was wisely made decision, which is pretty untypical for me, lol. I've found a special article describing 9 best antennas for cd base stations-https://www.palmgear.com/best-cb-base-station-antenna/ and just tried to be very presice and order the one which seemed to be the most suitable, I ordered tram 1449, very convenient in exploitation.

Last edited by MrHeels; 12-03-2020 at 08:48 AM.