Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

APR VS. MTM

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 01:28 PM
Default APR VS. MTM

i went to this performace shop for audi's vw's and im having the guy do my downpipe with cutout for me. but while we werer talkin he asked what chip i had an i told him apr and he started telling me how mtm makes a chip that is far better then the apr. does anyone know anythin about this? or is the guy just tryin to sell me crap? any help would be good i went to there website and it didnt tell me much on the chip hoppenmotorsports.com is the site.

Old 05-30-2008, 02:43 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: APR VS. MTM

are you having a custom cut-out put in or are you getting one from qtp?

Old 05-30-2008, 03:40 PM
I'm make believe

I wouldnt spend the money on another chip. You probably wouldnt see a difference. If you want your APR chip to be its best, play with timing and boost

Old 05-30-2008, 04:21 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: cincyTT

I wouldnt spend the money on another chip. You probably wouldnt see a difference. If you want your APR chip to be its best, play with timing and boost
thats what i would do. Why waste money on another reflash?

Old 05-30-2008, 04:55 PM

its a qtp cutout, i dont really want to mess with the timin an boost because idk anyone to help me with that. because honestly idk what im doing when it comes to that.

Old 05-30-2008, 05:06 PM
I'm make believe

if you have a boost gauge, its really not hard with a mbc. But stay with what you have.

Old 05-30-2008, 05:13 PM

with a boost controller will that just increase my over all boost or can i increase it per gear?

Old 05-30-2008, 05:40 PM

ORIGINAL: cincyTT

Cincy... how do you do that?

Old 05-30-2008, 05:54 PM
I'm make believe

Boost you use a mbc/ebc and the timing you use a vagcom cable and unisettings. All you have to do is run logs of overall timing and timing pull and you can increase overall timing if the ecu can handle it. Most go on the 6* rule. Thats basically you can increase timing until you see up to 6* of timing in a cyl

ORIGINAL: sacgns

with a boost controller will that just increase my over all boost or can i increase it per gear?
A mbc due to load will increase the psi in 3+ more than in 1-2 gear. With an ebc you have more control. A mbc can also smooth out the boost onset and also spool the turbo faster and hold boost longer.

Old 05-31-2008, 11:13 AM

which is better to use tho a mbc or ebc?