Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Audi Driving Experience

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 05:24 PM
2nd Gear
Default Audi Driving Experience

Just received an invitation to sign up for the Audi Driving Experience at Homestead Speedway in late September. They claim they will " put me in the driver's seat" of an R8, and a S5. Sounds like big fun, especially the R8!

Old 08-19-2008, 05:32 PM
2nd Gear

I looked into that last year...they had a free thing where you drive the Q7, A4 and TT then if you pay you get goodies like the S5 and R8 etc.

Old 08-19-2008, 05:35 PM
SoCal Crew Member

ya. i was scheduled to take the new b8's and the Mk II TT last november around california speedway...

but it fell on my birthday weekend ;[ . so i gave the invite to another AF'er.

getting smashed > audi driving experience

Old 08-19-2008, 07:01 PM
3rd Gear

ya i went last year and nobody got to drive the R8 except the instructors i did see it get down on the race track tho...very nyce

Old 08-19-2008, 07:09 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by .clipse
getting smashed > audi driving experience
I read that too fast & thought you were promoting drunk audi driving.

Old 08-19-2008, 07:09 PM
2nd Gear

that would be fun!

Old 08-19-2008, 07:47 PM
5th Gear

I JUST got back from the Audi Experience.

The free 2hr option sets you as a 'test driver' for the new A4, pitting it against 3 other cars in the market segment. All were AWD. Drove a BMW 3 series, Lexus IS250, MB C300 (I think thats what it was), and the '09 A4.

Overall the A4 takes it, but their requirements of AWD already put it ahead in most every department, and their excuse for not offering the next model up is that it costs too much, $7K more than the Audi, but the IS250 is about $7K LESS, but whatever, Audi is gonna make sure they can't get shown up at their own event.

It was an awesome time. Spent about 15 minutes getting the sales pitch, and then spent the next 45 minutes taking turns with my brother driving all the cars around an autoX course.

Can you say 'all wheel drift'?

Now how about 'times four'?

We flogged those cars, putting them right to the limits of adhesion, and in my brothers case on one particularly hot lap, past the limits. Fired it thru a chicane at 70+ with a sweeping left following, and ending shortly after with the stop box. Was on the brake kinda hard during the sweeper to get the speed down, then back on it again up to the stop box. Probably the biggest drift I'd seen that day around that last turn.

Then we thru on helmets, and took the cars out on the big track (this was at Pocono International Speedway, btw). We used half the track and the infield (have vid of my bro driving I may put online), got the cars up around 100mph around the banked turns. It was follow the leader, and it seemed like there were always slower groups ahead of us that we'd catch up to, so I actually had more fun on the auto-x runs.

You were welcome to track the rest of the Audi lineup, barring S-line cars, if you were interested, but we skipped that, since it was only more of the big track follow the leader stuff that we didnt have as much fun with.

Badge (and sweet lanyard) for the day is worth $500 off a new Audi if I were to purchase one, and they handed out free Audi Driving Experience hats at the end of the session.

Oh, and I did poke around in an R8. That thing fits me like a glove, and I MUST HAVE that gated shifter. Pure sex.

Unfortunately, no drive/ride time in it. The instruction/chance for an R8 ride goes with the paid half day program.

Have pics, I'll upload shortly.

Last edited by achTTung; 08-19-2008 at 08:58 PM.
Old 08-19-2008, 08:23 PM
4th Gear

Sounds like Pocono Speedway is worth the long drive. I'll be there tomorrow.
Hope you left some rubber on those tires for me matt!

Old 08-19-2008, 08:36 PM
5th Gear

not a chance.

check and see if they have new tires on them, because they were seriously beat before we left.

Old 08-19-2008, 08:54 PM
4th Gear

Heh! I'm going to the 11 am session, so by that time I'm sure they won't be looking new anyway.

Quick Reply: Audi Driving Experience