Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Audi TT or a BMW 3 series

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2008, 04:16 PM
1st Gear
Default Audi TT or a BMW 3 series

I am having trouble deciding between a 2005 BMW Coupe http://www2.carmax.com/enUS/view-car...Email+a+Friend
$24,000

and this 2005 Audi TT http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...eadExists=true
$23,000

I have drove a 2004 Audi TT and it was amazing and fun but I don't know if that feeling wears off or not. I am 24 with no kids etc. BMW is sporty and the colors I want it to be and of course has 4 seats and a larger trunk. It's hard to compare the two I know ... For the audi I wouldn't garage it, would be my only car (my work isn't far I do about <8k miles a year I would say),and curious about the reliability of the soft top working.

If I go the BMW route is will it really matter if I get a 06 over a 05 even with similiar mileage? Warranty is there I know but I don't seem too concerned with that.

Old 05-26-2008, 04:25 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Audi TT or a BMW 3 series

Is the top noisy when you have it up ?

I live in South Carolina.... so weather will be top-down mostly

Old 05-26-2008, 04:27 PM
1st Gear

i can tell you off the bat that the tt is faster stock. plus its a ****** chick magnet.
the bmw will be a lil slower but you can supercharge it and itll be a rocket .plus its rwd (if it dosnt snow by you)
there both very reliable cars and can both be made very quick.
i was actually choosing between a bmw and an audi... that was untill i saw the tt and i just fell in love lol.
my cars allways getting checked out.....CHICK MAGNET lol.
but its up to you there both very good cars

Old 05-26-2008, 04:29 PM
1st Gear

im not sure aboutt he top.. i own a coupe

Old 05-26-2008, 04:33 PM
1st Gear

The TT is way less practical but way more fun. A lower mileage S4 might be a practical as the Bimmer but still more fun.

Old 05-26-2008, 05:07 PM
2nd Gear

I have a roadster and love it. I drive top down as much as possible, and with the windows and windscreen up there is hardly any wind in the cockpit. With the top up, it's as quiet as any soft top I've ever been in. 3 series bimmers are boring.

Old 05-26-2008, 06:18 PM

I looked at the G35, 3 Series BMW's, and 350Z, before I bought my TT. I'm so glad I bought the TT now. It seems like everyone and their mom has the other cars that I tested. I can go weeks w/o seeing another TT Coupe in my town, but I see the other cars usually after 2 mins behind the wheel. My car is fun, fast, good looking, and I have to say I feel a bit exclusive. I might see some TT Roadsters around, but rarely any other 225Q Coupes.

Old 05-26-2008, 06:48 PM
1st Gear

Ok one question. If the TT is my only car to drive around in and go far distances and such is it still practical? I didn't really seem to notice a "bumpy" ride etc.

Old 05-26-2008, 06:50 PM
2nd Gear

Only way the TT roadster is "impractical" is the lack of luggage space. The coupe has quite a lot of room and has served all my needs very well, including hauling a set of 19" wheels.

Old 05-26-2008, 08:24 PM
1st Gear

Both are autos so i dont think either are going to be especially exciting to drive but the TT looks alot better
and will save you some money on gas and probably insurance.

Quick Reply: Audi TT or a BMW 3 series