Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

AWD vs FWD?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 11:19 PM
1st Gear
Default AWD vs FWD?

just wondering...is all wheel drive really a noticable difference in performance versus the front wheel drive model????Why would you get awd?why should you?

Old 02-02-2008, 11:34 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: AWD vs FWD?

ofcourse it is, if you are going to use your car for performance reasons its a no brainer... I will never again buy another FWD car to use it as a performance car... I always get a huge grin on my face when I see my friend spinning the tires all through 1st in his FWD eclipse. and don't even think about rain... its like watching a clumsy puppy dog trying to run across a frozen pond lol

if your going to get a FWD and use it for performance than your going to have to build it to be able to get close to a quattro, i.e. limited slip diff. wider tires and so on.

Old 02-02-2008, 11:39 PM
2nd Gear

I'm not trying to hate of the FWD's as I know there is people who enjoy them (Nate) for their lighter weight and less drivetrain loss.

Old 02-03-2008, 12:10 AM
5th Gear

I was stuck waiting behind a duelly pickup today who was spinning trying to get up a side street with a small incline, got tired of watching him slide around and pulled around him thru deeper snow w/o spinning.

Thats my reason for AWD.

Old 02-03-2008, 12:15 AM
2nd Gear

awd kicks *** in every condition!!!!

Old 02-03-2008, 12:25 AM
1st Gear

true dat!

Old 02-03-2008, 01:21 AM
2nd Gear

I can't spin my tires even in the rain with awd. Never had a car that could even come close.

Old 02-03-2008, 01:58 AM
1st Gear

are the quattro really THAT much heavier?i mean where its noticable in stock performance?can you really feel it in acceleration or corning?or both?Got my income tax back looking to buy and was wondering cause for quattro down here in tampa florida ive noticed its around 3 grand for a quattro more then fwd.Im not really looking for performance per se but would love the quattro if the 3 grand is worth the hassle.

Also is there more problems to look for if i were to buy a quattro compared to fwd?

Old 02-03-2008, 07:31 AM

ORIGINAL: eliTTe

ofcourse it is, if you are going to use your car for performance reasons its a no brainer... I will never again buy another FWD car to use it as a performance car... I always get a huge grin on my face when I see my friend spinning the tires all through 1st in his FWD eclipse. and don't even think about rain... its like watching a clumsy puppy dog trying to run across a frozen pond lol

if your going to get a FWD and use it for performance than your going to have to build it to be able to get close to a quattro, i.e. limited slip diff. wider tires and so on.
[:'(]

Old 02-03-2008, 07:34 AM
1st Gear

i have a FWD tt, and i love it. was going to buy a quattro tt, but the one that i wanted was sold before i could buy it. if you can get a quattro, get it, and if its a 225hp, buy it!!!