Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

the best grill?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 03:00 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: the best grill?

i like the badgeless look myself, cleaner anyways. I cant find a decent pick of my rear end debadged, not can I find the ac charger for the camera, moving is awesome fun

Old 06-19-2008, 03:49 PM
2nd Gear

^can you remove the rear badges? Are there pin holes under them?

Old 06-19-2008, 03:57 PM
2nd Gear

You can remove them, all rear badges are on with adhesive, the fruo rings under the spoiler took the longest, I just used floss and alot of goo gone. Very careful use of something like a putty knife can be useful too.I didnt try heating the area up as some do, mightve made thigns easier, but honestly not hard, just repetitive and a little time consuming.
EDIT: cruddy cell phone pic

Old 06-19-2008, 04:11 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: .clipse
personally, blacked out rings on the 5/3-bar is my fave. plus the mod is under $10.
I agree

Old 06-19-2008, 04:53 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: randomloginname

You can remove them, all rear badges are on with adhesive, the fruo rings under the spoiler took the longest, I just used floss and alot of goo gone. Very careful use of something like a putty knife can be useful too.I didnt try heating the area up as some do, mightve made thigns easier, but honestly not hard, just repetitive and a little time consuming.
EDIT: cruddy cell phone pic
thats so awesome. When i get one i shall go 100% badgeless.

Old 06-19-2008, 06:09 PM
3rd Gear

thats the first thing i did when i got the car home. i left the 4rings tho. in the future, i may paint them black. i cant stand shiny chrome. nothing looks as good as black. henry ford had a famous quote. "i'll make you any color car you want. as long as its black"

Old 06-19-2008, 06:55 PM
1st Gear

haha faceless "kid", I'm 21 but thats beside the point

Im sorry but if someone had some thing on their car that was BS Id call them out on it
like earlier today some kid came into my work and tried to tell me his Ford probe was a GT V6 and he had a turbo put on it... the car was all riced out, body kit, converted his lights, blue tint, blue fog lights, carbon fiber hood with hood latches, after market spoilerlooked disgusting but i didnt say anything about that, But I did notice his rims which were still stock and they were the ones for the SE models, and I also noticed his GT logo on the back was a badge and not a decal kind of thing like its suppose to be between the center of the taillights instead his license plate went where it should say GT and thats because it was an SE because I Used To Own A Ford Probe.
Plus i put together that he was full of crap right away because if he could even afford to put a turbo on his car then why would he still have the crappy SE style rims
So because I knew that I told him he was full of it then i pointed out why and then he fessed up to it being an SE

spinners and what not IS A TOTALLY different story I dont like it but its the style you like so whatever I dont care ,do what you want its your car, style it how you wish, as I will do the same with mine
but dont fake like what you've got is something else because its not and thats just lame THAT IS ALL WE ALL ARE TRYING TO TELL YOU.

no hate, Just wise words of advice to reasons not to ever do that.

people who know better will laugh at you and look at you like you're a dummy.

Old 06-19-2008, 08:03 PM
I'm make believe

I have stock wheels and suspension, does that mean i dont have a 2.0 in my car? [8D]

Old 06-19-2008, 08:15 PM
1st Gear

haha it doesnt mean you dont but it'd make me go "huh?" for a second if someone with a TT said they had a 2.0 liter engine in their TT
because I know that the mk1 Audi TT only had a choice between 1.8L line 4 turbo or 3.2L V6
And I'm not going to lie, I'd want to see it to believe it
haha which is how I am and why Im Agnostic
makes sense right?

but do you have a badge on your car saying its a V6 Audi TT 3.2 liter when its not?
thats what I'm getting at
you're not trying to show people its something its not
your either showing it as the stock 1.8 and not letting anyone know a 2.0s under the hood and making your car a sleeper which i dont have a problem with
or you put a 2.0 badge on it or what ever
then people go whaaat? and if you show them whats under the hood then we can tell what you're sayings legit

but you put a R badge on it or S-line or RS on your car when its not or there never was an R
people who know the car are going to think your a joke

Old 06-19-2008, 08:16 PM
1st Gear

P.s. do you really have a 2.0 L in your Audi TT?

did you rebuild the engine or did you swap ?

Quick Reply: the best grill?