Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Boost gauge questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 11:21 AM
1st Gear
Default Boost gauge questions

Yesterday I installed a Prosport boostgauge in my '01 225. It's stock (for now) other than a K&N drop in. Tapped in at the primary vacuum line off the mainfold. I notice that no boost registers when accelerating from 1stthrough 4th gear. The vacuum readings do decrease however. If I'm crusing along in 6th and step on it, or pull a hill, boost climbs and holds steady at 11psi. Is it normal that boost doesn't show otherwise?
Also, for the gauge mounting anyone have good options besides a vent ?(don't want to lose it's use) or cutting into the instrument panel. I picked up a single Apillar pod, but it'll need some significant trimming, paintingand forming. Even still, not sure I want the gauge there. I was thinking of cutting down the pillar pod to sit flat on the left corner of the dash. Maybe there's a nice steering column mount like a small pod or bracket? Any other suggestions?

Old 03-09-2007, 12:15 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Boost gauge questions

I have been going through the same search on mounting options. I don't like look of the ventgauge and want a mount on the steering column like GTI's have. I called my APR guy and he said he'd be able to find one but I'm questioning if he reallycan. One option that is fairly reasonable is a VDO cup that you can get of egauges.com.

Old 03-09-2007, 02:58 PM
I'm make believe

I have a mkiv steering columb mount in mine. fit is pretty good, and i can always have a good eye on things.

Old 03-09-2007, 03:04 PM

ORIGINAL: cincyTT

I have a mkiv steering columb mount in mine. fit is pretty good, and i can always have a good eye on things.

and you dont have to worry about pixel loss in that center display. [sm=goodidea.gif]

Old 03-09-2007, 03:13 PM
I'm make believe

my 2000 w/ almost 100k on it has no pixel problems. lucky me. You can get those from tyrolsport.com and from a few other places for $35. Like i said fit is pretty good but is NOT perfect. But it works for me.

Old 03-09-2007, 04:22 PM

did you install it directly after the manifold? if not then check to see if you left one of those links in line with the hose. they are one way valves. the best place and easiest to hook it up is at the throttle body vacum or at the FPR, since it has a small line just like the boost gauge, and comes directly from the manifold

Old 03-09-2007, 04:30 PM
3rd Gear

you might have a boost leak either at your connection or thoughout your vaccum lines. mine is hooked with a tee at the FPR since that system is under boost.

Old 03-09-2007, 04:45 PM
I'm make believe

its from the manifold so he has a good vacuum source, he is talking about the guage going through vacuum and the boost falling of. He seems fine.

Old 03-09-2007, 05:07 PM

hes talking about not seeing any boost unless he hammers it in 6th gear.

why wouldn't you see boost in 1st through 5th?

Old 03-09-2007, 05:08 PM
1st Gear

Not sure where mine is hooked into as a buddy of mine did it. However, I did have to replace a handful of vac line because Audi used a threaded line that fell apart.

Have you looked at the mount that replaces the ash tray?

Quick Reply: Boost gauge questions