Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Boost Guage Instal

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 03:22 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Boost Guage Instal

its pretty easy, i was in the same shoes as you are like a month or so ago. this is my boost gauge
Name:  IMG_0006.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  15.9 KB
Name:  IMG_0003.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  15.7 KB
Name:  IMG_0001.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  49.8 KB

i got the glowshift at ebay for 40 something including shipping compared to 200 something for awe

Old 04-16-2008, 03:26 PM
2nd Gear

Dude....Just do it yourself. I havent even changed my own oil before and I installed the boost gauge with no trouble. It took me longer than it would someone with some idea what they are doing, but just take your time and do it yourself. It is not very hard at all, cut one line, tap in the vac/boost t, strip a little wire from a hot and from a ground, and tie in your lighting (or be cheesy easy like me and use a tap-a-fuse for your hot). The DV/BOV is even easier, it is literally undo 3 worm clamps and put on the new one. It might be frustrating at first, but its rewarding to learn how to do things for yourself, take it as a challenge not a chore.

Old 04-16-2008, 03:44 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: grant.nytn

You need to remove the wiper arms in order to remove the plastic cowling making it much easier to run the boost hose into the engine bay. Those wipers really are a PITA to remove!
Talk about doing it the hard way. Like said before there is a grommet in place for this already.

Old 04-16-2008, 04:03 PM
2nd Gear

Yeah I think I would agree that popping out a rubber grommet, or cutting a hole through it is a good deal easier than remving the wipers, I couldnt even get my driver side one off when I swap[ped ecus :-P Fortunately it wasnt necc.

Old 04-16-2008, 04:19 PM

well tell me this.. i heard on some other forum that the 1.8t engine isnt suppose to have a BOV, another DV or a splitter is ok, but a BOV is not allowed. Is this just crap because i hear a lot of people doing BOV's here and it seems strange, prolly a n00b like me sayin stuff he doesnt know.
just gotta confirm tho !

Old 04-16-2008, 04:35 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Mobius97

ORIGINAL: grant.nytn

You need to remove the wiper arms in order to remove the plastic cowling making it much easier to run the boost hose into the engine bay. Those wipers really are a PITA to remove!
Talk about doing it the hard way. Like said before there is a grommet in place for this already.
That was in AWE's instructions and since I had never done this before and didn't know a better way, I followed them. I wish I'd just done a little more research but I guess I was just too excited to get it installed. Other than that, it was pretty easy.

Old 04-16-2008, 04:44 PM
1st Gear

im not sure about BOV, i have a forge DV, there is also a forge BOV/DV

Old 04-16-2008, 04:47 PM
4th Gear

well tell me this.. i heard on some other forum that the 1.8t engine isnt suppose to have a BOV, another DV or a splitter is ok, but a BOV is not allowed. Is this just crap because i hear a lot of people doing BOV's here and it seems strange, prolly a n00b like me sayin stuff he doesnt know.
just gotta confirm tho !
i run a bov and it works fine

Old 04-16-2008, 04:47 PM
1st Gear

My engine is at 97k miles it has had a BOV for about 60k of its life and I've never done any unscheduled maintenance it's still running the origanal timing belt also so I might just be lucky if your close to Ft.Bragg/Fayettville I could help you with the boost gauge it's pretty simple I followed Cincy's DIY and except for kinking my VAC line in the vent at first had no problems

Old 04-16-2008, 04:50 PM
1st Gear

this might help depending on what gauge you'll get. http://forums.audiworld.com/tt/msgs/1008458.phtml

Quick Reply: Boost Guage Instal