Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

"Brake Light" written dash warning and long beep.

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2014, 05:41 AM
1st Gear
Default "Brake Light" written dash warning and long beep.

Hi guys!

I'm new to this forum so forgive me if I post a thread that does already exists. I checked but nothing was posted regarding my problem. A few are close but nothing regarding this.

I have a 2000 MK1 TT coupe 180 and for a long while now I have a warning on my dash that doesn't want to come off... It's an orange warning with "BRAKE LIGHT" written in full letters (Not an icon). I know it could be a Canadian model as I live in Michigan and that it could therefore be slightly different from other models.

It appears when I brake for the first time after starting it (with one loud long beep) then it doesn't go away until I stop the car then brake again.

- I've replaced my third light LED ramp module, no success. The ramp works.
- All my brake light bulbs seem to be ok and working. (Should I change them anyway?)
- I checked all the fuses and no problem there either.

I'm really exhausted by this and if you guys could help me find the issue, I would have an infinite recognition ^__^
I will post a photo of the dash soon.

Thanks in advance community!

Ben_

Old 09-03-2015, 02:52 PM
1st Gear

Hi, my 2001A6 2.7 has the same problem. Did you ever find a solution?

Originally Posted by Asphaaalt
Hi guys!

I'm new to this forum so forgive me if I post a thread that does already exists. I checked but nothing was posted regarding my problem. A few are close but nothing regarding this.

I have a 2000 MK1 TT coupe 180 and for a long while now I have a warning on my dash that doesn't want to come off... It's an orange warning with "BRAKE LIGHT" written in full letters (Not an icon). I know it could be a Canadian model as I live in Michigan and that it could therefore be slightly different from other models.

It appears when I brake for the first time after starting it (with one loud long beep) then it doesn't go away until I stop the car then brake again.

- I've replaced my third light LED ramp module, no success. The ramp works.
- All my brake light bulbs seem to be ok and working. (Should I change them anyway?)
- I checked all the fuses and no problem there either.

I'm really exhausted by this and if you guys could help me find the issue, I would have an infinite recognition ^__^
I will post a photo of the dash soon.

Thanks in advance community!

Ben_