Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

central locking unit?

Old 07-24-2013, 07:49 PM
1st Gear
Default central locking unit?

I have an 01 tt coupe. The door micro switches on both sides work as the windows roll down and up that 1/4" when the doors open and close. The interior lights come on when the door opens and the map lights work and the lock button in the middle between the seats work. Here's the problem. When the doors are closed the interior lights and the lock button do not work. I can't figure it out. I've researched on the forums but can't find a solution that matches my problem. I've pulled the central locking unit and the board is perfectly clean and nothing looks burnt or blown. As stated, with either door open everything works as it should, but with the doors closed they don't. They did though and only stopped a little while ago. The car arms and disarms properly. I can't figure out why it stops working with the doors closed. I checked for a cracked wire in the door but didn't find anything. With the door wide open if I use a screw driver to move the latch the window rolls up and the lights stop working, and that's without moving the door, so again I don't think it's a wire. Again without moving the door, if I pull the latch the window goes down and everything works. It makes know sense. I used vag com to reflash the unit and still nothing changes? Does anyone have any suggestion on a place for me to look for a problem? The only other thing that is different from stock for my car is an aftermarket stereo that I installed a couple of years ago, but everything worked fine after the install and only stopped working recently. Any suggestions at all would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Old 05-29-2019, 03:06 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by haplo
I have an 01 tt coupe. The door micro switches on both sides work as the windows roll down and up that 1/4" when the doors open and close. The interior lights come on when the door opens and the map lights work and the lock button in the middle between the seats work. Here's the problem. When the doors are closed the interior lights and the lock button do not work. I can't figure it out. I've researched on the forums but can't find a solution that matches my problem. I've pulled the central locking unit and the board is perfectly clean and nothing looks burnt or blown. As stated, with either door open everything works as it should, but with the doors closed they don't. They did though and only stopped a little while ago. The car arms and disarms properly. I can't figure out why it stops working with the doors closed. I checked for a cracked wire in the door but didn't find anything. With the door wide open if I use a screw driver to move the latch the window rolls up and the lights stop working, and that's without moving the door, so again I don't think it's a wire. Again without moving the door, if I pull the latch the window goes down and everything works. It makes know sense. I used vag com to reflash the unit and still nothing changes? Does anyone have any suggestion on a place for me to look for a problem? The only other thing that is different from stock for my car is an aftermarket stereo that I installed a couple of years ago, but everything worked fine after the install and only stopped working recently. Any suggestions at all would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Hi,

I know it's been some time, but have you founda solution to this problem. I have the identical problem in my 2002 225hp Roadster.

Thanks!

Old 06-06-2019, 09:18 PM
1st Gear

Yes. I had to recode the central locks with Vcds lite. Once I recoded it everything worked properly again. You can find the coding info for your vehicle just by searching vcds coding central locks