Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

clunking noise front end

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2010, 01:52 PM
1st Gear
Default clunking noise front end

I know that noises are hard to find but let me explain what i have done to my car and what its doing to see if anyone has any idea where to look besides what i have done.

I have the GAIC tune done to it.

Cat back borlla exhaust.

I have a stage 3 south bend clutch with the 19 pound flywheel...yes i get the clutch "chatter"

Last september I put in the bilstein Pss9 system and the full camber kit in the rear.

I actually raised the car from what it was before i put the suspnsion in due to tire rubbing and the drive axle rubbing on the sway bar.

So the noise. at really slow speeds and when starting to move forward i hear a clunking noise that is in the font end. I checked everything over to see if anything was loose but no luck. My dad thinks that the suspension struts are loose themselves and that there is play but it doesnt seem to do it when its cold out. When i put the suspension in i replaced all of the components with new hardware but i didnt use a spring seat because the struts had them on the top already. when we put the struts in we did run into an issue where you need a special tool of course and we didnt have it or a severly bent wrench to tighten the top nut so we used an impact gun which did seem to work but maybe not good enough?

any ideas.