Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Dump valve

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 02:07 AM
1st Gear
Default Dump valve

Hello all,
Should i install a Dump valve on my Audi TT 2oo4. my recent research shows the following
Don't do this on an Audi. They have used a recirc valve because the mass-airflow metering system on the car is telling the engine that a certain amount of air is coming, and the engine is being fueled accordingly. If you use a blowoff valve to purge excess boost air to the atmosphere, the engine will still be expecting to see this air and will be fueling accordingly, and you'll get a rich spike every time you shift. This rich spiking has been proven MANY times to degrade and eventually clog/ruin the catalytic converter and O2 sensors. Some mass-air metered cars (less precise cars in terms of engine management) are fine when DVs are replaced with BOVs, but not Audi/VW cars - using an atmospheric dump will destroy your cat and O2 sensors (plan on $1500+ to fix this).

Please help