Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

First time posting... long time lurking

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 09:31 PM
Arrow First time posting... long time lurking

Hi all,
I really enjoy reading and learning about TT's on this forum. Lots of members with exceptional knowledge. Hats off to everyone
Last june I bought a certified 2004 TT roadster 1.8 dolomite gray with 17,300 miles.
Not my first topless car but my first audi.
Some issues with the car but, I think... they were resolved :.
I live in PA, therefore, the car is in the garage for the winter.
Now my question... because the dealer did not give me any conclusive answer.
In the past, when I lay-up a car for the winter, I connected to the battery a BATTERY MINDER which slows charges the battery without over charging it; this device has a Pulse Mode Circuity that continuously pulsates using a range of high frequencies electronic pulses to desulfate the battery. When spring arrives I have a fully charge and conditioned baterry to go.
Knowing of complex electronic devices on this car, that at any given moment can give you trouble, I would like to know if it would be safe to use it on the TT without removing the battery, as I did with the other cars.
Thanks for your answers.
Gilbert

Last edited by GilberTT; 01-19-2009 at 05:39 PM.
Old 01-19-2009, 09:52 AM
2nd Gear

You do know the original battery is under the 4 year 50k mile warranty right?

I just drive mine a few times during the winter when the roads are clear of salt.
As with anything machine whether riding mower, chain saw , weed wacker, whatever , the secret is to turn them over a few times during the winter.

Old 01-19-2009, 03:42 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by alan93
I just drive mine a few times during the winter when the roads are clear of salt.
As with anything machine whether riding mower, chain saw , weed wacker, whatever , the secret is to turn them over a few times during the winter.

x2. The trickle battery charger would not hurt the car. I do suggest atleast starting the car one and a while though. Starting the car re-coats the cylinder walls with oil, along with many other benefits. Once every two weeks is ideal.

Old 01-19-2009, 05:47 PM

Thanks for your information.
Two good advices that I will consider: driving the car when roads are dry and clear of salt and/or starting the car every two weeks to re-coat the cylinder walls with oil (very important) and re-charge the battery!!!
It makes a lot of sense!
Thanks
Gilbert