Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

FMIC .. .which one is good and how?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2007, 11:21 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: FMIC .. .which one is good and how?

Yea considering that alot of people recommended it to me i will probably get teh Tcarbon .. ill probably get it as soon as i get my temperature cooling problem fixed. My temp. gauge reads all the way to red and it slowly loses power

Old 07-30-2007, 12:06 AM
2nd Gear

the FMIC will help with that
I had that problem too. these cars run real hot in the summer from my experience. especially when you're in traffic or sitting still after you've run the car hard. the stock intercoolers just arent enough to keep the temps down.

Old 07-30-2007, 12:15 AM
I'm make believe

you dindt just heatsoak the ic, you heatsoaked the hole damn engine!

Old 07-30-2007, 12:18 AM

ORIGINAL: neur0tic

the FMIC will help with that
I had that problem too. these cars run real hot in the summer from my experience. especially when you're in traffic or sitting still after you've run the car hard. the stock intercoolers just arent enough to keep the temps down.
Yeah, warm...but in the red? That seems a little hot. I drove mine prior to the intercooler upgrade 1,000 miles straight from Southern Utah (90'+) to Seattle practically non-stop and I never jumped above half on the temp guage. Get that temp problem figured out...heat is the killer of engines!

Old 07-30-2007, 12:24 AM
I'm make believe

ORIGINAL: p1zl3

I drove mine prior to the intercooler upgrade 1,000 miles straight from Southern Utah (90'+) to Seattle practically non-stop and I never jumped above half on the temp guage. Get that temp problem figured out...heat is the killer of engines!
[sm=icon_rofl.gif]

im sorry but even if you dont have fans or temp sensor for a car you wont overheat when the car is moving. There will be tons of airflow over the radiator to cool down the engine.

Old 07-30-2007, 12:44 AM

ORIGINAL: cincyTT

ORIGINAL: p1zl3

I drove mine prior to the intercooler upgrade 1,000 miles straight from Southern Utah (90'+) to Seattle practically non-stop and I never jumped above half on the temp guage. Get that temp problem figured out...heat is the killer of engines!
[sm=icon_rofl.gif]

im sorry but even if you dont have fans or temp sensor for a car you wont overheat when the car is moving. There will be tons of airflow over the radiator to cool down the engine.
^ True fact jack, but 4 of the 18 hours in the car were in bumper-to-bumper traffic (from the Provo to Salt Lake area). I had the engine temp up already because I had been doing 80-90mph proir to hitting the grid-locked segment of freeway. I still never rose past half.... a miracle perhaps..eh, cincyTT?

Old 07-30-2007, 12:54 AM
I'm make believe

Not a miracle, just howthe cooling system is supose to work. You have airflow over the radiator to cool it when your moving and since its that hot out, im sure you had the a/c on. When the a/c is on, so is one of the fans, meaning its drawing air through the radiator. The other fan would only kick on when the temp rose to the specified point. With g12 and proper coolent levels, the a/c fan should be enough.

Old 07-30-2007, 01:01 AM

I don't think I've ever used my A/C... The seat warmers yeah, but never the A/C. Kinda shoots the whole "fan and airflow" theories down..eh? Maybe my guage is busted...stuck at half... or perhaps it truely is a miracle! God be praised!!! Whatever the case may be, hitting the red is rare and should be examined...true? no?

Old 07-30-2007, 01:05 AM
I'm make believe

Do you push the button that says ECON?

Old 07-30-2007, 02:09 AM
1st Gear

cincyTT, that secondary fan that starts with the A/C, is it known for making extra noise in the engine bay?... like prob twice as loud as the engine, like a metalpiece is loose and vibrating and making a clinging noise? oris itmy very expensiveA/C compressor dieing on me?....

Quick Reply: FMIC .. .which one is good and how?