Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

FMIC .. .which one is good and how?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 02:35 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: FMIC .. .which one is good and how?

You can do 80-90 mph all day long and you're still cooling the engine. the times when you will see it rise past the center... is when you accelerate hard at low speeds(0-60mph). Basically, you're running the engine really really hard without the benefit of all the air running over the radiator as quick as it would at high speeds. You canrun at 110-120 mph and not be running the engine hard at all. And likewise.... you can run the engine REALLY hard and neverget above 45mph. Its all about how fast you accelerate and how much you're boosting without getting good air to cool you back down.

You wanna see your needle go past the center, drive around for about 30 minutes. Then....accelerate as hard as you can to 70 mph and then stop... do that 3 or four times and then just stop. you will run the engine super hard pulling all that power out of it and doing it without the benefit of 100 mph wind cooling you down. your needle will jump. almost guaranteed. If it doesn't ... then yea, you probably have a broken guage.

Old 07-30-2007, 04:26 PM

Dude, I try to find ways to keep my engine cool...not heat-soak it.

Old 07-30-2007, 04:31 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: neur0tic

You wanna see your needle go past the center, drive around for about 30 minutes. Then....accelerate as hard as you can to 70 mph and then stop... do that 3 or four times and then just stop. you will run the engine super hard pulling all that power out of it and doing it without the benefit of 100 mph wind cooling you down. your needle will jump. almost guaranteed. If it doesn't ... then yea, you probably have a broken guage.

Please do not do this. At least not to your car. And only if you're running from the cops

Old 07-30-2007, 04:33 PM
I'm make believe

your temps will rise on hot days and you are sitting still, especially if you already have a warm engine

Old 07-30-2007, 08:27 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: moeron7

ORIGINAL: neur0tic

Please do not do this. At least not to your car. And only if you're running from the cops
lmfao. Please don't think I'm suggesting to do this. This is not good for your car. however, these types of agressive driving habits are a big factor in why quite a few TT's DO run hot. People love the torque on these little bastards and can't keep their load for very long once the light turns green.

I can't wait until winter myself. I've had my car almost 4 years and have never driven it in the cold. I've always either been in Iraq or in Korea without the car during the winter. I just recently had it shipped over here to korea. we'll see this weekend.

Old 07-31-2007, 01:10 PM
I'm make believe

Looks like someone finally listened on here/vortex and got the tunerstop fmic w/ large intercooler for $400. Will fit all 180's

cecilcohen"I just finished doing a FMIC install. I ended up using the Tuner-stop.com kit with the larger intercooler. 1 hr to take bumper off and old intercooler and piping. Took 3 hours to install and fabricate 3 brackets, and 1more hour to install it all back together.
I had to cut 2 pipes that come with the kit. Other than that, it fit fine."