Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Found a GIAC dealer in Oklahoma!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2006, 03:08 PM
FRO
1st Gear
Default Found a GIAC dealer in Oklahoma!!

I'm starting to get excited!! Found a dealer this morning in OKC. Only about 1.5 hours away, so that works good for me. He has only done Porsches, but the tuning shouldn't be any different. Too bad there isn't a 2 roller in Oklahoma. I would love to get a baseline and after #'s...

Tulsa doesn't sell 93 octane anymore. Should I go ahead and get a 93 AND 91 tune? Just in case they bring it back? On the other hand I'd hate to blow $150 for something that I may never use. I don't know. I'm really new to the Audi side of things. I've been a F-body guy for over 10 years. I know a lot about LS1's and LT1's, but the turbo stuff is a bit over my head(for now)...

TIA,
Bruce

Old 06-20-2006, 07:14 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Found a GIAC dealer in Oklahoma!!

I dont know about where you're from but around here the gas stations close to the dragstrips sell higher octane fuels. Most pumps are 91-93 octane for premium grade. Inside a mile or so of the track though and some of the stations sell 101-103 unleaded and leaded.

So you might wanna check out the stations closer to the tracks (if theres any near you) for the higher grades. If you cant find it I wouldnt worry about it. You can always pick up the 93 program later.

Im debating whether the valet program is worthwhile, myself. Not often some1 else drives my cars, but the peace of mind when they do might be worth the extra change. GL w/ your new project.

off topic a bit: What kinda work did you do on the F bodies? I had a J-Body that would eat up a stock LS1 all the way to 106. :edit: I see a little on your T/A above, but I assume thats not your only RWD wonder.

Old 06-20-2006, 03:16 PM
FRO
1st Gear
Default RE: Found a GIAC dealer in Oklahoma!!

There's nothing near the track and the track is about 15 miles from my house. We have some race gas shops around here, but again, probably not worth it. I'll probably just stick with a 91 tune. I thought about the valet option as well, but only my wife and I would be driving it, so again, probably not worth it. Unless I wanna screw with my friends and let them drive the car....

The TA has hand ported heads, 227/232 cam, pulley, ported TB, Jet Hot Long Tubes, X pipe, Centerforce(need a SPEC III), pushrods, subframes, lower control arms, short shifter, 10 mm wires, ummmm, air lid..... I can't think of anything else.. Oh, stock 10 bolt.. Stupid, but I'm not much of a track guy. I like to run at the track every once in a while, but not enough for me to drop $2K on a rear end. The last I had was an auto, 3600 stall and cam only. Did pretty well, but the M6 guys would eat my lunch once we got over 100. I also have a 40th anniversary Ruby Red Vette. I don't drive it. It sits under the car cover and looks pretty. It has the original tires and 17K miles on it. Totally stock. I actually have no other RWD car besides those 2. I have lost a little interest in it. Not enough for me to quit, but enough that I may not drive the TA for 2-3 weeks at a time. Maybe that's the 10 - 12mpg talking though.