Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

gasoline odor in cabin

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 01:25 PM
Default gasoline odor in cabin

Has anyone experienced the noticeable smellof gasoline in the cabin?

I have a 2001 TT coupe and noticed the smell for the 1st timeSunday. I dropped the car off for correction of this issue at a dealer on Monday and picked it up this morning. They said they went through the entire fuel system from filler cap to engine and could find no leaks nor the odor.

One thing they mentioned is that there is a fuel filter that sounds like it is high up inside the fender that is difficult to get to so there is no Audi-scheduled maintenance interval on it. Wondering if anyone has any experience with this.

I can still smell gas in the cabin after picking up the car this morning and wondered if anyone else has had this problem as I'll be taking it back to the dealer and was hoping to get some ideas of what the issue might be.

Thanks,

Jeff

Old 03-28-2007, 01:42 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: gasoline odor in cabin

Have you pulled the back seat out and looked for evidence of fuel under it? I don't really know exactly what that is under the seat. I have no backseat in mine anymore but when I did, I pulled it out once and noticed an access panel looking thing in the center of it. You could also look in the tool storage areas in the sides of the trunk area to see if any lines run through there. I have no clue if there are any fuel lines in any of those areas but I would look in the places where the outside meets the inside first. -shrugs-

***edit***
Additionally, you could always rent a "sniffer" tool and look for the highest in-cabin concentration.

Old 06-12-2007, 12:01 PM
Default RE: gasoline odor in cabin

Thanks for the tip, Chris. I pulled the back seat up and removed the two access panels over the fuel tank. There was fuel on top of the passenger-side fuel pump, and the dealer replaced the fuel pump gasket/seal under the CPO warranty.

Jeff