Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

got a boost controller free....

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 07:25 AM
Default got a boost controller free....

thanks guys for the help in the other post. I am still waiting to do the injectors maf and diode, but got lucky enough to recieve an older HKS EVC boost controller for free. what i like about this unit is that it has 3 settings a high a low and a manual boost setting for on the fly switching. it also takes into account the manifold boost/vacum and turbo pressure. I cant wait to see how it operates on these cars. I want to try it by bypasing the n75 and by adding it in series and parallel with it much like the boost machine. I am mainly looking to cure my spikes but we'll see. THe evc i got is the first one they had, but still has a lot of technology behind it. hopefully it works out

Old 03-07-2007, 11:58 AM
3rd Gear
Default RE: got a boost controller free....

Cool sounds great!

Old 03-07-2007, 02:23 PM
I'm make believe

2 things

1)Use what the ko4-001 sw was written for. That is for the maf and injectors.
2) you have a electronic boost controller, you do not need anything from the n75. Let it sit there in the intake and electronic connection plugged in, thats it.

Old 03-07-2007, 02:33 PM

i'm kind of worried about having the car react funny at part throttle with just the BC i saw a writeup on the modshack site about having it rn in parallel, but i'm going to take it out first and see if i'm happy with it like that. and right now i have 280-90 cc injectors. shouldnt i get the 380cc units from the tt 225? I have acctually copied the old setups from the vwvortex as far as the car goes. I found really good writeups there. i have the 4bar fpr right now so i'll try it like this first and see if i start running lean. i hate wasting money.

Old 03-07-2007, 02:41 PM
I'm make believe

ORIGINAL: precision tt

i'm kind of worried about having the car react funny at part throttle with just the BC i saw a writeup on the modshack site about having it rn in parallel,

That is for mbc, not ebc.

but i'm going to take it out first and see if i'm happy with it like that.

Havent run mine in about a year. No part throttle problems and i just have a nice mbc

and right now i have 280-90 cc injectors

317cc is stock

shouldnt i get the 380cc units from the tt 225?

what ever the ko4-001 gaic sw is written for will work best, thats including the maf size.

I have acctually copied the old setups from the vwvortex as far as the car goes. I found really good writeups there. i have the 4bar fpr right now so i'll try it like this first and see if i start running lean. i hate wasting money.

Thats what classifieds are for, the vwvortex one will move fast.

Old 03-08-2007, 02:01 AM

i hooked it up today and it cured the hickups under acceleration in 4th and 5th gear. the car pulls strong all the way through. I have to stary playing with the vtune settings and see where i can end up power wise. I feel like i lost a little bit because the spikes have gone away. but its very consistent now. i thought the injectors were smaller, but maybe 317 will work. the guys off the vortex were runnig the k03's with tt225 injectors and maf housings, software tuning to the max, and yelding good numbers. I have to still do more research but i want to get another boost guage, in psi increments not bar, before i buy anything else.As far as the n75, it is now just resting there pluged in and capped off. thanks for the advice.

Old 03-08-2007, 11:42 AM
I'm make believe

I do what i can.

What about gt-er on vortex? he has been running giac x+ ko3s sw on t3/t4 57trim, gt28rs, gt2871r (with .64 and 86 turbines) and has made around 450whp on the 57trim. of course he had larger injectors and maf but he new how to lemmiwinks in/out what he needed as for fuel and timing. But he knew what he was doing and took many hours logging everything he did. So there are many ways to make power but the easiest is to follow the specific sw's fueling/maf requirements.