Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Got my car back, but now its acting up?!?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 04:15 PM
2nd Gear
Default Got my car back, but now its acting up?!?

I got my car back from the body shop and it looks great but on the way home the battery light came on for a second then cut off, I thought hmm that was strange then all of a sudden my radio cut off and the ESP and ABS light cut on, WTF and then they just cut off and the radio cut back on [>:]

Right before I got home it did the same thing... so I got in the driveway and let it sit for a minute, everything was normal, I decided to rev it a little and as I let off the gas and the rpms dropped I heard something else that sounded like it was decellerating with the motor, it was pretty lound and as I reved the car and jumped out right quick to listen it sounded likeit was comming from under the intake manifold between it and the left IC pipe.

What is going on here [>:]?!?

Old 08-02-2007, 09:45 PM
I'm make believe
Default RE: Got my car back, but now its acting up?!?

I wonder if you have a bad ground for the battery and when it had its issues, the TB got all out of wack. All of what you said sounds new to me.

Old 08-02-2007, 10:04 PM
2nd Gear

Well I guess I answered the problem by myself tonight [sm=headbang.gif]... that decelerating sound is appearently the alternator. It was my friends birthday so we all went out to eat, well on the way home the low battery light in the info display lights up, well I keep driving and my interior lights in the dash and cluster start to dim. The airbag light cuts on, then the ABS light starts flashing next my cluster flashes and the tach and spedo die and just sit at zero, the gas and temp still work [>:]

The closer I get to home the dimmer the lights get, I cut off the headlights and just barely make it back to the house, as I pull into the driveway the motor is sputtering from the loss of electricity... oh waht a pain in the ***, it wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have to go at 8 in the morning tomorrow to put my clutch in [:@]I've got a charger on it so hopefully I can make it across town

Old 08-02-2007, 10:07 PM
I'm make believe

That sucks, but atleast you know the problem now.

Old 08-02-2007, 10:12 PM
2nd Gear

atleast I know ANOTHER problem... its still got to go next week to have the hub replaced [:@]