Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

This has nothing to do with Audi's ::Please do not take offense::

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2006, 01:08 PM
2nd Gear
Default This has nothing to do with Audi's ::Please do not take offense::

Hey everyone,

I'm at work, and all people are doing is talking and ranting and raving about Christmas, and buying crap, and chiping in for the company party.

I FREAKING HATE CHRISTMAS!!!!!! omg do I hate it for so many reasons.

You have to listen to the fat lady talk about her cute kids (I hate kids) I have to listen to the guy talk about putting christmas lights up at his house (I just left my normal porch light on) I have to listen to the lady talk about chipping in $10 the xmas party. (I spent my last $10 on strippers last night)

Seriously I hate Christmas. [:@]

Thank you for letting me vent.

(If you've ever seen the movie jerry mcgwire, I am the male version of his red head girl friend at the beginning of the movie)
LOL [&:]

Old 12-13-2006, 01:28 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: This has nothing to do with Audi's ::Please do not take offense::

Haha, 10 last night thats all?? Someone has to put those girls thru college lol.

Old 12-13-2006, 01:44 PM
2nd Gear

I actully didn't go to the strip club, as much as I should have, I was just giving you guys an idea of my real personality.

I work in small town IOWA. Everyone has a farm, 2 pigs and like 9 kids. You cough and the dude 3 blocks down knows about it. I just really cant stand small town people.

Keep in mind I drive from a larger city into town for work (30miles each day) ...oddly my degree brought be out of the big city....(200,000 people) not huge ...

anyways...

shoot me... []

Did I mention, not only do I hate christmas, but I also hate small towners?

Here is my world view: If you cant handle the fast lane, get in the slow lane. If you dont have enough money to live comfortably dont have kids. If you dont work hard, you desirve to eat nothing. (Seriously)

Old 12-13-2006, 02:22 PM
Tech Guru

nice

Old 12-13-2006, 04:09 PM

nice, but you should have went to the off topic thread. country living has to suck.

Old 12-13-2006, 04:20 PM
2nd Gear

I dont want to rant to complete strangers!

but yes, i should have put it there.

Old 12-13-2006, 06:32 PM
4th Gear

You know, mate, I was once like yourself - but I learned a crucial lesson once... I know this will sound sappy, but I read your rant just hear me out...

Back in '84, when I was 19 I was already a year in the Army and didn't bother to go home for Christmas. This broke my grandma's heart. But to make a long story short - I was assigned a guard detail for battalion worth of tanks and vehicles being taken by train to Ft. Carson, CO, from Ft. Hood, TX. There were 6 of us and whenever the train stopped we jumped out and took turns walking the length of a very long train.

Halfway there we get stopped in Kansas (sorry, can't recall the small town) - it's nighttime and snowing like all hell and were sleeping in the caboose. We learn that we're not moving until tomorrow due to snow somewhere up the line - this is like 6 days before Christmas, btw.

Well, while two other guys are walking their post, an older gentleman approaches the caboose - he owns the farm we're parked near and is wondering if we're doing ok and would we be interested in coming over for dinner. Our sergeant sez it's okay and we can go as long as we don't miss our guard shifts.

Any reason to get away from eating cold C-Rations (MRE's didn't come around until 86) in an even colder wooden caboose, we jumped at the chance. This was a well-to-do farmer and he and his wife treated us like family. Now these people were complete strangers, but we were treated like family - their children (all grown) were expected in the coming days. His wife fed us a great chicken dinner and the old guy was freaking hilarious with his stories. Somewhere towards the end we learned one of their boys was a Marine and had died in Vietnam back in the late '60's and they just wanted to share with us young soldiers because of Christmas.

When we got to Ft Carson, I was given some time off because of the detail and Christmas, so I scrambled and got a jump flight out of Peterson AFB and went home. Made my Grandma happier than anything I could ever recall. Never missed going home again.

Christmas, though as commercial as it has gotten, is still a time to remember we're all human and we are not alone in this world - so "bah humbug" all you want, mate - no one says you got to enjoy this time of year. But try not to depriciate the joy of others and perhaps someday you might start seeing the what all the hubbub is all about. I still get the biggest kick seeing my boys open up their gifts that special morning...

Merry Christmas from an old soldier

Old 12-13-2006, 07:05 PM
2nd Gear

Thing is, I dont mind spending Christmas with my family or the general day of Christmas, however I'm just completely annoyed how Christmas starts in october, ends in mid January every single year.

I dont mind getting together with family or being all christmas'y, christmas eve and christmas day .... but man ...all these stupid trees and lights.... and kids... uh god I seriously do not want them. I think they are..........well just not for me...lets leave it at that.

My only wish for Christmas is that people will keep the holiday to themselves, or atleast ask those around them if they want to be involved as well.

If the world wants xmas, it would be nice if they could just be considerate of those who dont want to pertake. you know?

I just dont see value you in the holiday, Its very VERY commercial.

Old 12-13-2006, 07:15 PM
4th Gear

Yeah, I groaned this year when Home Depot had fake trees for sale before Halloween!

But look at it - past all the hype and hooplah. Every holiday gets commercialized to the nth degree - wait until they figure a way to hype tree sales for Arbor Day... lol

Old 12-13-2006, 07:23 PM

christmas is of the christian faith but what the hell its a good reason for a drink and then there is all them other faiths so we could be drunk forever