Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Hitting Boost/fuel cut. Please help

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 01:03 PM
Default Hitting Boost/fuel cut. Please help

Hey all, ok so to start it all off i will list what i have done with my car first. I have the diode mod, 3 in custom exhaust from 3 inch DP to 3inch high flow Cat to 3inch all the way back. Also have a Greddy Profec A boost controller, forge 007 DV, intake, and boost gauge. I have the Audi TT 1.8 180. My issue is now when boost and pressing gash lightly it will hold boost at 15 for maybe 3-5 seconds then drop to 10 then 5. Now when i stomp on it it shoots to 15 and steedly drops to 10 then 5 again. Im not sure whats going on here and i dont want to screw my turbo up even though im upgrading down the road. I just want to be able to sustain a decent boost also im not running any codes yet ive had all the mods for about 2 months or so. Thank for the help guys!

Old 08-08-2007, 01:26 PM
Default RE: Hitting Boost/fuel cut. Please help

I have also checked for any boost leaks and my friend has looked at it also at his shop and we are stuck dead in water on whats going on with it.

Old 08-08-2007, 01:28 PM
4th Gear

it depends at what rpms your hitting those numbers... boost will increase then decrease as you go through the rpm range... mine goes steady up to 15 and then holds it then back down... ill take a look later and let you know exactly what rpm range it does it in... but the boost will go up then down no matter what

Old 08-08-2007, 03:32 PM

Hmm it seems im not getting any sudden boost surge when the turbo kicks in anymore. Not sure whats going on. The boost gauge still reads 15psi. I adjusted the wastegate so now it holds the boost alot better now. I no longer get the pull from the boost though is my turbo shot?

Old 08-08-2007, 03:35 PM
4th Gear

doubt it... if it was shot you probably wouldnt get 15psi out of your ko3. what year is your TT?

Old 08-08-2007, 03:47 PM

Old 08-08-2007, 03:51 PM
4th Gear

idk man, its pretty rare to have a turbo go especially if its still giving you 15psi... have you tried to up the boost with your mbc before? also check the connections to your boost gauge, maybe its giving you a bad reading as well as check the mbc connections... never hurts to double check

Old 08-08-2007, 04:18 PM

I dont have a MBC only an electronic.

Old 08-08-2007, 04:45 PM
4th Gear

hmm... unless you were hitting higher boost at one point your experiencing a perfectly normal car.. its doing what its supposed to do unless its performance suddenly decreased

Old 08-08-2007, 04:49 PM

Yes it decreased incredibly. Not sure what went wrong. I was thinking about picking up a MBC just for kicks and see if something is wrong with the programing on my EBC even though i have tried reprogramming on several differant settings. The TT has a Actuator wastefate correct not external?

Quick Reply: Hitting Boost/fuel cut. Please help