Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

HVAC Fan Question

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 05:59 PM
1st Gear
Default HVAC Fan Question

So I just got my 2002 225QC and damn is this a fun car to drive... One thing that I have a question about though is the fan on the HVAC controls. I don't know if the system I have is optional or not, but it has the "AUTO" button.

Well, I don't have the AUTO button turned on, but onceI start driving, the fan automatically starts to blow harder and harder (the little fan display shows more and more notched indicating how hard the fan is blowing). Is this normal? Why would the fan be increasing as I drive?

If I'm missing something obvious here, please let me know.

Thanks folks,

Stephen

Old 01-16-2007, 09:51 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: HVAC Fan Question

Yes it's normal.
Actually, it's another one of the nifty little things that I love about the TT...
The reason you notice it increasing as you drive is because as the car warms up so does the air that blows out the vents (obviously).
But the indicator increases so that you don't get hit with a blast of cold air.
Also as you turn the temp up or down the car AUTOmatically adjusts to how much air it should be blowing out of the vents.

I love German ingenuity!

Old 01-17-2007, 01:38 AM
2nd Gear

You will have to play with it and get your setting the way you like it with the auto on. The car will read the temp you want and try to keep it at that temp by using cold or hot air. Also some other cool things I found out when I 1st got my car was that you can have different temp and radio settings that are recognized by your switchblade key. When I got my car I had my settings the way I liked them and then I guess I got my key switched with my wifes and the settings were different so I thought someone had been driving my car when I didnt know it. But low and behold it was in the key settings. Love German tech too.

Old 01-19-2007, 03:53 AM
1st Gear

So even though I don't have the AUTO turned on, the fan still will increase as the car warms up? Hmm... I don't know that I like that so much, but at least I know that it's normal. Thank-you both.

I guess if that's the worst thing about the car, I can't really complain! God this car is fun to drive. It's like a go-kart...

Old 01-19-2007, 12:25 PM
4th Gear

You can still adjust the fan with the right ****...

Old 01-19-2007, 09:01 PM
5th Gear

Thats just the beginning!

http://www.wak-tt.com/tt/climatecontcodes.htm

You're climate control has diagnostic abilities.

Old 01-19-2007, 09:17 PM
1st Gear

My good lord, that's ridiculous. But if I'm reading that right, then I can switch the temperature to Celcius which would be very handy for me (I'm Canadian, I don't understand farenheit, lol...).

Hmm, if that's true, can I similarly switch between F and C on the display unit (trip computer thing) that you spoke of in the other post (and thanks for the reply there too)? Thanks for that link, I'm curious to go see if I can change that now.

Old 01-19-2007, 09:26 PM
5th Gear

good luck with it, you should be able to change it fairly easily, i know i've done it accidentally. Looking thru those lists of numbers though, I'm wondering if they're quite right for the TT now.... I know for a fact that 27C is RPM (posts as XXX, you need to put a '0' at the end) So, 236 on the display would be 2360rpm. I think that list puts RPM one entry off.