Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

I can't figure out whats wrong with my AC.. Help :-(

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 10:40 AM
1st Gear
Default I can't figure out whats wrong with my AC.. Help :-(

OK so one day I notice that my Ac is a lil warm and probley needs a recharge. Soooo. I go get the 134A and hook her up to the car. I let it run for a bit and its all good. I walk away for a sec and come back and when the compressor was kicking on it was almost stalling the car. I think I had too much pressure. So I backed it off and let some pressure out. Car ran fine.

Ac Does not work at all now. Great :-( So I deal with it for a little and then it froze up on me and broke my S Belt and screwed up my Tentioner. So...

Used but working Ac Compressor *so I think*
New S Belt
New Pully

Put it all in and recharged it with oil and 134Aand I have a good full pressure reading. But the compressor wont kick on at all now. It doesent even try.. Should I check my connections or is the clutch on this compressor bad? Its charged to the middle of Full.

Someone told me it had to be hooked up to the special thing that does your ac lines but I just dont know that much about the system to figure it out.

I get some pressure out of the Evap nozzle so Its holding. Just not kickin the Compressor on.

What other things can I do to narrow this problem down. I just dont want to pay somone 500 bucks to say yep its this so give us another 500 and well fix it.

Jason

Ps Anyone near detroit michigan know how to fix it I;ll pay ya! I hate having no air.

Old 07-08-2007, 10:53 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: I can't figure out whats wrong with my AC.. Help :-(

Did you draw a vacuum on the system and recycle the refrigerant before reservicing? If you don't, sometimes if the 134a leaked out in the first place... it may have allowed some condensables into the system that will freeze and prevent refrigerantflow through the lines. If this happens... you can burn up a compressor this way.

Old 07-08-2007, 03:28 PM
1st Gear

I found the problem :-P

Idiots that put in the compressor failed to plug it in because the plug was diffrent, and also never told me so. So I worked some magic and now wala I have air :-D

I;ll be on the phone first thing monday to yell at them.

Old 07-08-2007, 10:29 PM
1st Gear

Where is the plug? My a/c quit suddenly. I hope it just came unplugged.