Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

im having trouble with the windows

Old 09-23-2007, 05:19 PM
Default im having trouble with the windows

im having trouble with the windows of my tt quatro .you see the driver side window is leaning out a bit and rain sometimes tends to drip in. i went inside the door itself, moved the support for the window but it didnt budge so could it be a electronical problem that i have to go to a licensed audi mechanic or is there a way i can do it myself

Old 09-23-2007, 06:18 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: im having trouble with the windows

Does your door ajar sign stay on? If so then your lock mechanismmay be goiong out. If not then you should do a search on reseting your windows. Pleanty of leads with that one.

Old 09-23-2007, 06:32 PM
1st Gear

I just reset my battery by unhooking it for ten minutes and hooking it back up, it cured the problem. just make sure you have your radio code.

Old 09-24-2007, 12:44 AM
1st Gear

I have window troubles too. Mine isnt leaning in, but every time I roll up my driver side window, I hold the switch, it goes up, then back down. I push back up, it goes back down at the same trouble spot. I have 3 "trouble" spots, where once the window hits it going up, it goes back down. I will try the window reset thing, and see what it does. Also, does anybody know where I can get some window/ weather trim? My windows are all the way up, and on the highway I get wind noise, and whenever it rains or I wash my car, water always seems to make its way inside..

Old 09-24-2007, 08:57 AM
4th Gear

proxeyed... stand outside your car and see if you can see into your car with the door closed... because i have the same problem and i can see into my car. Im pretty sure i know how to fix it but havent really gotten around to it. I just turn the music up so i cant hear the annoying *whistle* or i just roll them down all the way

Old 09-24-2007, 09:02 AM

I dont have a water problem at all in my TT.

Roadster > Coupe.

Old 09-24-2007, 09:04 AM
4th Gear

Coupe has better lines to the body...

coupe > roadster

Old 09-24-2007, 09:27 AM

ORIGINAL: theTTkid

Coupe has better lines to the body...

coupe > roadster
I agree with the top up the coupe does have better lines.

I bought the roadster to drive with the top down and in that case the roadster >> coupe.

black>>>silver.

H2O!!!

Old 09-24-2007, 12:51 PM
4th Gear

That's right Ryan.... You will see at H20!

Silver quattro coupe MUCH > black FWD roadster!

Old 09-24-2007, 01:02 PM
1st Gear

I can always see through the windows.. lol. Na, the window is just a little shy of being "all the way up" but they do "auto up" that extra little bit when I shut the door. If I peer in at the way top, i see the black window trim behind the window. It gets pretty annoying at high speeds, especially when the music runs out. Dont have intake or exhaust, so the music really does run out.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: im having trouble with the windows