Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Kudos to APR... A potentially bad situation well handled.

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 06:55 PM
Default Kudos to APR... A potentially bad situation well handled.

I purchased an exhaust for my TT from APR. It's their new Stealth system for the TT that is coming out in the next couple of weeks. I chose to pre-pay the system because I wanted to make sure it stayed in my budget and the cash didn't get spent elsewhere.

Long story short, I called yesterday to check on the status of my order and to my horror, they had no record of the order in their fulfillment system. I was very freaked out because this was a $2438.00 purchase. Thanks though to Chris because he took the situation and this morning as soon as he got in he got with his accounting group and went over their paid purchases and reconciled the purchase and all is well.

I'm impressed with how quickly and drama-free the process was. It was a mistake, these things happen, but at least they took care of it me.

Old 05-18-2007, 07:44 PM
I'm make believe
Default RE: Kudos to APR... A potentially bad situation well handled.

If its not made of titanium, that is way to much for welded metal.

Old 05-18-2007, 07:50 PM

I looked at the 42DD downpipe and it just didn't look like it was worth the $600 and then I was going to have to spend another $900 for the Miltek exhaust. That's $1500 there. I figured this was going to give me what I wanted in a package that was nicely finished and provided the least amount of restriction. Eventually even though I say now that I'm not going to go any further I know I will want to do a higher stage turbo on this car. I want the right exhaust in place for when that time comes.

Old 05-18-2007, 08:05 PM
I'm make believe

Not to be mean but you paid an extra $1k for aesthetics? You do realize you can only see the exhaust if you REALLY look for it? Plus gains would only been within 1-3hp and that extra grand could of gone to something else like coilovers or a fmic.

Old 05-18-2007, 08:44 PM

I understand that it's an expensive toy, but that's what this car is to me to begin with. I don't drive it regularly. I want it to be as nice as I can get it and do cool stuff to it. I just didn't like what I heard about fitment issues with the 42DD downpipe. Now that I know a little more about the way the 225 is laid out I wanted to make certain that I had the best fitting, best made system I could put in it. It's not for everyone, but I don't regret it. I'm going to buy one of their systems for my S4 at some point as well. I don't see spending the $3300 on the Miltek system when APR makes a good system for the S4 for only $2200.

Old 05-18-2007, 11:02 PM
1st Gear

My Friend has an apr setup on his S4 and it is very well put together he could probably hang it on the wall as art.Looksveryynice all the bens are perfect no restriction anywhere MOst people dont have that kinda money to throw around on an epr exhuast setup though. Were not all bringin in the $$ like you lol i want your job.