Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Locking / Lighting / Spooky action at a distance issues

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2017, 04:41 PM
1st Gear
Angry Locking / Lighting / Spooky action at a distance issues

Hi all: I have a 2001 TT Convertible (not Quattro) that has developed several (probably related) electrical / locking system issues. I can be driving along and the car will spontaneously lock the doors and turn the over-windshield lights on. I can hear several relays clicking behind the dash when this happens. The central console lock / unlock switch gets disconnected when this happens. I have to pull over, open and close both doors manually (and occasionally the top) to reset the fault, which often comes right back. The fault is random but can sometimes be triggered by going over a bump in the road or over a rough patch. Severity of the rough or bump doesn't correlate to inducing the fault. The car will occasionally lock itself spontaneously in the garage, and if I unlock it sometimes it relocks itself. New symptom is that the passenger door doesn't respond to the remote key or the central lock and has to be manually opened with the physical key. Dealer doesn't know what's up. They are swapping stuff out randomly - most recently the airbag control module (?!). I can't afford this any more. Any ideas?? Quick search here suggests central locking module is going TU? Thanks, John