Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Manual boost controller?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 04:34 PM
1st Gear
Default Manual boost controller?

Hello I have chipped audi tt 225! I have problems with boost all the time and it is possible that the problem is with N75 valve! Please tell me is it possible to skip N75 system and mount manual BC??? Is it possible to mount it myself and how to do that??? Is it safe because i heard that its dangerous to play with turbo pressure like this!!! I dont have boost gauge! And i m talking about cheap boost controllers whitch you have to turn with your own hand!!! Please advices???

Old 01-10-2007, 04:49 PM
I'm make believe
Default RE: Manual boost controller?

yes you can run a mbc instead of a n75. But i wouldnt do that without a boost guage. If you buy both then you can turbo the boost up a little and cure the problem at the same time.

Old 01-10-2007, 06:49 PM
3rd Gear

Problems with the boost? What kind of problems???

Old 01-11-2007, 06:23 PM
1st Gear

Hello again! Why do I need boost gauge? is it safe to in stall it on chipped car??? What is optimal psi for 225 HP tt(the highest allowedpressure \for K04 turbine)????
My problem with boost is that my car sometimes goes and sometimes not and its possibly N75 system because dealer found teared wire there! Is it possible with MBC skip all this electronical turbo pressure regulation with N75?????

Old 01-11-2007, 06:33 PM
I'm make believe

if you dont know what boost is how can you set it??? I boost guage is necessary for ALL turbo cars. You can run 20-24psi on a ko4 daily and be ok. If something is wrong with the n75 it will cure it but if you have wires that are going into the n75 that are bad you need to fix the damaged wires also. I personally leave the n75 out of the loop but you still need it to stay in the intake and plug in electronically otherwise your car will freak.

Old 01-11-2007, 06:33 PM
2nd Gear

first off let me ask how do you know you have a turbo problem when you dont even have a boost gauge to monitor it?? who told you thats what it is ???

ORIGINAL: TeeTee

Hello again! Why do I need boost gauge? is it safe to in stall it on chipped car??? What is optimal psi for 225 HP tt(the highest allowedpressure \for K04 turbine)????
My problem with boost is that my car sometimes goes and sometimes not and its possibly N75 system because dealer found teared wire there! Is it possible with MBC skip all this electronical turbo pressure regulation with N75?????

it definitely is 100% safe to install a boost gauge on a chipped car a chipped car is no different then a unchipped car when it comes to the boost gauge....boost gauge helps you monitor what you are running for boost in psi and vac...that way when you put the mbc in you dont crank it out and blow your turbo ..

Old 01-12-2007, 05:45 AM
1st Gear

Hello! I wanted to say that my electronic wire with plug was teared but not pipes. Please tell me where do I need to plug this wire when my N75 is out??? Or this N75 stay there???

Please tell me this sentence in other way because my english is no so brilliant!:
I personally leave the n75 out of the loop but you still need it to stay in the intake and plug in electronically otherwise your car will freak.

Old 01-12-2007, 06:00 AM
1st Gear

Hello again I was watching MBC lately and there is one serious question there are 2 types of these.
1)http://cgi.ebay.com/R-Spec-BOOST-CON...em160072311343

This is with 2 pipes BUt this

2)http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AUDI-...spagenameZWDVW

goes with 3 pipes!!!!

Whats the difference and how to mount these?????? Please help

Old 01-12-2007, 12:09 PM
3rd Gear

Ok, heres the deal go out and get a boost gauge, then let us know how much boost you are pushing, its ok to use a MBC on a chipped car, I personally will spend the little bit more and get the Modshack Boost Machine. It has been proven and it helps control wastegrate creep, (how hard the boost kicks on). Thats my two cents.

Old 01-12-2007, 12:11 PM
1st Gear

One of the best MBC's out there in it's price range is the Halman MBC.
I use one on my DSM it's by far the best one i've used thats not crazy expensive.

Quick Reply: Manual boost controller?