Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Manual ONLY convertible Audi TT (2005 model)

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2018, 12:38 AM
1st Gear
Default Manual ONLY convertible Audi TT (2005 model)

Hello,

I'm looking at buying a 2005 Audi TT. I was told the convertible roof is manual only. Also, they said:

"The driver seat is stuck in the lowest height setting (the seat raising mechanism doesn't work), don't know what it will cost to fix it. However, the lower seat setting is the preferable one if you are taller than say 5'5" so it is not an issue.
2) The manual convertible top closes, however a small dash light comes on warning that the top is not closed. It is a sensor problem which I haven't looked into.

Did Audi make a TT without a automatic roof?

Old 10-30-2018, 02:26 PM
1st Gear

There is no such thing, if the sunroof mechanism breaks, you can open and close it manually, the latch on the mk1 and mk2 are manual, mine closes with the motor but wont open with it, i have to open it manually and then im able to close it automatically. Now, you said that you have a light on for the sunroof, is it on when fully closed, open, explain...

Old 10-30-2018, 02:33 PM
1st Gear

Ok, so maybe they are selling it with a damaged convertible roof. The light is probably next to the check engine light on the dash board indicating that the roof is not closed. I haven't seen it yet. I will view the car this weekend. Seems like that is the third problem with the car 1. Driver seat stuck, 2. Light indicating roof isn't closed , 3. Convertible roof not operational.

Old 10-30-2018, 02:43 PM
1st Gear

I got mine with a bunche of broken things, im fixing it with the time. My sounroof wasnt working at all and they said the same thing, "it is manual", in my case i believe that the control module is bad due to water intrusion, the rear soft top glass was separating and the car smelled like mold built in it for a while, i got it for a decent price, there is another issues that are more difficult and expensive to address like timing belt and water pump, oil leaks, front end links, bushings, shocks. If you want just go check it carefully, drive it pay attention to everything and let me know, check if it overheats, check if the heater works, etc.

Old 10-30-2018, 02:59 PM
1st Gear

It's selling for what KBB rates it as a "good condition". If they come down in price to the "fair condition" then I'll probably buy it. The seat is about $350 to fix. I'm not sure what the roof will cost...maybe less than $1,000 if I do it myself. Everything is on YouTube, lol. Yeah, I'll definitely update if I buy it. Seems like there are posts on Audiforums of people installing their own roof and probably motor assembly instalatiinst as well.

Old 10-30-2018, 04:54 PM
1st Gear

You can find a seat used with the leather torn and just swap the cusion and leather from yours i just saw a set of seats on cl for $40 each.
The mayor concern is the roof and front end, if you are ok with lifting and closing it manually just disconnect the hydraulic shocks from the sunroof frame and it will open and close rear easy.

Old 11-03-2018, 09:43 AM
1st Gear

There are to many "Sweet" TT's out there for next to nothing to be buying one that's ragged out. Shop!