Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Misfires even after coil pack change

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 11:01 AM
1st Gear
Default Misfires even after coil pack change

I started getting a engine check engine light, at first, solid, then started flashing, accompanied with a very badly running engine. I was receiving codes stating that my engine was misfiring from 2 cylinders. I replaced all my coil packs with new ones and took care of the flashing engine check engine light, but still receive a solid check engine light. I also received these 4 trouble codes. P0351, P0352, P0353 and P0354 which are Ignition Col A Primary/Secondary Circuit on each cyclinder, 1-4 or Coil A-D. I can tell I have a lost in power and it does not idle like it did before I started getting the check engine light. Since I have changed the coil packs, I have noticed that I'm not getting the gas mileage I once did. The plugs are less than 10,000 miles and are not the cheap copper plugs, but the recommended plugs. Any ideas where to check next. Also, if I clear the codes, they all come back within a minute or so. This is on a 2001 TT with 1.8 liter engine, single turbo, standard 5 speed tranny.

Last edited by bill0830; 09-06-2012 at 11:04 AM.
Old 09-06-2012, 11:15 AM
1st Gear

You are getting poor gas milege because all cylinders are misfiring. If your car uses a ICM you may want to look at it, if not then there may be a problem with the wiring from the coils to the ECM (loose or dirty connector). There is also the possibility of low fuel pressure causing all cylinders to misfire.

Old 09-07-2012, 09:56 AM
1st Gear

I realized the lower gas mileage was because of the misfires. After doing some research I read where one misfire or even two may have been caused by the wiring come from the ECM. I'm going to replace the wiring to see if that helps, which with fingers crossed I do hope. I like my TT, but since I have had it, it has been one problem after the next. I also have the bad cluster panel and haven't made up my mind if I even want to put more money into it. I have been thinking about sending it off and getting repaired, vice using the dealer, which is about 1200 dollars more.

Old 09-10-2012, 07:16 PM
1st Gear

change out coil packs but even with new ones they may be bad Audi had a big recall....
Rian Ion Hawthorne
‎16795 - Secondary Air Injection System: Incorrect Flow Detected
P0411 - 35-00 - -
17832 - Secondary Air Injection System: Bank 1: Leak Detected
P1424 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent
16684 - Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire Detected
See More
Like · · Unfollow Post · Yesterday at 4:32pm

Rian Ion Hawthorne Yeh ive took sai out & blanked it off.... the head is brandnew some so this is very annoying
17 hours ago · Like

Loren Whanab coilpacks can be bad brand new out of the box..... also when did you do the SAI delete ??
12 hours ago · Like

Rian Ion Hawthorne Ok will get a hold of some more, did sai delete few years back now..
11 hours ago · Like

Dom Clements Fuel filter?
9 hours ago via mobile · Like

Jamie Kilner did you check the distance on the spark plug tip also air leak and flow faults can be caused by a faulty maf sensor you can clean that with brake cleaner just spray on and blow off dry
8 hours ago · Like

Old 09-12-2012, 12:09 AM
1st Gear
Default I have had enough

After trouble, after trouble, after trouble, I have finally threw in the towel. While I enjoyed the comments about liking my TT, I reached my last nerve and finally got rid of my TT. I will not buy another Audi, because of the lack of support offered by this company, bad capacitors on instrument clusters, bad drive units, offering a timing belt that was to last 105k and then changing it to less than 80k. Pretty cars, but bad support. Good luck to all of you Audi owners and happy cruising. I will be crusing in a brand new Chevy Camaro beginning tomorrow. Good Bye Audi TT'ers.

Old 09-12-2012, 07:49 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by bill0830
After trouble, after trouble, after trouble, I have finally threw in the towel. While I enjoyed the comments about liking my TT, I reached my last nerve and finally got rid of my TT. I will not buy another Audi, because of the lack of support offered by this company, bad capacitors on instrument clusters, bad drive units, offering a timing belt that was to last 105k and then changing it to less than 80k. Pretty cars, but bad support. Good luck to all of you Audi owners and happy cruising. I will be crusing in a brand new Chevy Camaro beginning tomorrow. Good Bye Audi TT'ers.
Sweet. have fun.....

Old 06-11-2013, 06:55 AM
1st Gear

A camero...lmao..Yikes. Why would anyone buy a chev? Must be a big fan of dollar store plastic!

Old 06-11-2013, 10:12 AM
1st Gear

Just keep throwing dollars at a dead horse. I'm sure one day it will just stink so much you have to move on and go to something better smelling. What a jackass.