Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

MKII TTS TTRS Bumper Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2014, 11:24 AM
1st Gear
Default MKII TTS TTRS Bumper Conversion

I was hoping to get a little clarity on the bumper conversion process of a TTS to a TTRS.
I own a 2012 Audi TTS and was planning on converting the front bumper to the TTRS. The car suffered a front end collision so the bumper needs replacing. When I contacted my local Audi dealer to inquire about parts, the parts department told me that several of the parts are different between the two models. They essentially told me that the hood and latch, charging system, pulley, structure parts like the core support, along with various other parts were different and that the bumper may not mount up correctly without interchanging many of said parts. I was under the assumption that everything would mount up correctly if I were to only exchange the bumper cover, upper grill, both lower grills, front license plate holder, and the bumper spoiler. Would that be correct? I appreciate any help I can get on the topic.

I found a website with a bumper conversion build that make the process look fairly simple, but it was on a 2008 model.
Project Audi TT RS Front Bumper Fitting - European Car Magazine

Thanks,
kentukred

Last edited by kentukred; 02-09-2014 at 11:29 AM.