Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Turbo-back exhaust quote

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 02:46 PM
2nd Gear
Default Turbo-back exhaust quote

I just went up to an exhaust shop literally a mile from my work. Totally didnt know it was there till my buddy got a 5" turbo back on his big *** truck. Anywho, they use magnaflow and flowmaster exhausts. They quoted me around $650 for a 3" downpipe into a single magnaflow high flow cat that goes into ( think he said corvette or some other type exhaust) straight through magnaflow muffler. Installed too! Thats one hell of a price.

Old 04-09-2008, 02:51 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Turbo-back exhaust quote

With the DP it's good!

Go for it.

Just note you will be REQUIRED to post sound clips.

Old 04-09-2008, 02:55 PM
2nd Gear

Oh I am well aware of it. I'm on here everyday and i've waited and waited to hear other clips I know how it is. lol I was just really set on getting a borla straight through. But those mufflers are expensive. I'm getting it done in the beginning of may. I just thought I'd share with you peeps the great deal i was quoted. Maybe there is a possibility of a group buy. I dunno.

Old 04-09-2008, 02:57 PM
3rd Gear

Where are you located?

Once he does the first oneand sees how tight it is he might raise the price. [&:]

Old 04-09-2008, 03:03 PM
2nd Gear

HAHA yeah honestly i had a big grin cause i dont think he has any idea what he's gettin into. I should have signed a paper or something right there! But i hear they do good work here just outside of Atlanta, GA.

Old 04-09-2008, 03:26 PM
SoCal Crew Member

actually i'm in the process of selling my current neuspeed cat-back (cmoon vortex!)and going custom 3" turbo-back. but mine will prolly be a bit higher considering it's a 180TTQ [&o]

aaanywho, i'm gonna have evolutionracewerks (few blocks down from my house, so close!) do it

http://www.evolutionracewerks.com

- i remember i had a 180TTQ DP Group buy from them, but it fell apart

Old 04-09-2008, 04:57 PM
1st Gear

awwww you're not gonna get the Borla XR-1 Sportsman 3" ??

Old 04-09-2008, 05:23 PM
2nd Gear

Thats what I want. I still have 3 weeks to decide but i would have to provide the muffler. I have the dual tips so i would have to figure out how to fit it. Also what ever happened to that other clip? I like your sound. Not sure what mine is going to sound like and that kinda scares me. lol

Old 04-09-2008, 05:55 PM
5th Gear

cat back with glasspacks. thats my summer project! Gonna reuse what I can from the stock exhaust, which probably limits me to the tips, but I like the stock tips, and buying 1 or 2 glasspacks cant put me back more than $60, plus about 3 feet of additional pipe I need to buy. But for $650, a complete exhaust... thats a deal.

Old 04-10-2008, 05:13 AM
1st Gear

Well I will say w/ the chip in. it made it sound Much better. Idles deeper and now that it's through 1 cycle it's got a great tone now. Cars running perfect as well so it's Niiiiceee. I need to call ryan and see where that clip is haha. Aye for the dual tip...they make the Borla XR-1 3" in cannister style. You would prolly have to Y pipe it where the transverse use to sit and go from there. Don't think the XR-1 is made like old camaro mufflers. Single in, dual out psngr/drvr sides.

Quick Reply: Turbo-back exhaust quote