Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

More lowering questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2007, 11:47 PM
2nd Gear
Default More lowering questions

Hey all, my TT is 5 yrs old so I know the springs and shocks are gone by now. I am taking my car to Autometrics Sports in Charlston, SC to work on my lack of boost issue and while there I wa thinking of having them replace the springs and shocks. I would like to lower the car but only 3/4 of an inch so I wont have to get all the other stuff. With this in mind which would be a set of springs and shocks? Im not trying to break the bank here just something slightly better than OEM. Im hoping after I get my baby back from the shop they have my power issue taken care of and I can start pushing her again. This place mods 1.8T engines in cars like Porsche and races them professionally so Im pretty sure they are good. It is hard to find a good performace shop here in Augusta, GA. Thanks for your help.

Old 01-23-2007, 12:56 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: More lowering questions

Eibach and Koni has proven to be a stellar combination for me in the past. I wouldnt recommend Neuspeed, as they are a bit stiff for everyday driving. I've heard good things about H&R, but have no first hand experience for an opinion.

Old 01-31-2007, 02:32 AM
SoCal Crew Member

ORIGINAL: DenimTT

Eibach and Koni has proven to be a stellar combination for me in the past. I wouldnt recommend Neuspeed, as they are a bit stiff for everyday driving. I've heard good things about H&R, but have no first hand experience for an opinion.
i got some H&R's installed. a nice drop with a short stroke. love em.

Old 01-31-2007, 04:38 AM

from what i heard,you dont have to worry about getting "all that other stuff" if you lower your car more than 3/4" because yours is a FWD not an AWD. I bought the Neuspeed springs which will lower the car 1.25", some say theyre too stiff,we'll see what its like when i have them installed. Ive heard people complain that the stock suspension (sway bars,springs,shocks) gives a horrible ride,i think its perfectly comfortable, but IMO it performs horribly. (as far as body roll and all that)

Old 01-31-2007, 03:20 PM
4th Gear

Hey Denim!

Where did you get the Eibach and Koni's?

Old 01-31-2007, 05:38 PM
1st Gear

I've never been to Autometrics Sports but have heard good things about them. I take mine to European Road & Racing. They've been great!

Once mine go out I am planning to get the H&R's depending on my struts. If the struts are gone too then I'll just look at some coil overs.

Old 01-31-2007, 09:36 PM
2nd Gear

I think I will see about the H&Rs real soon. I glad to hear that the shop Im going to is good cuz the ones in my town are crap. It will be good to have my baby back up to par. I think I am going to have to save some money and do the brakes, H&Rs, and the timing belt stuff. Man that will be some bucks but I have to keep the car up and running good. Thanks for all your help.