Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

My TT's blinkers and undertray are having some serious issues!

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 08:17 AM
1st Gear
Default My TT's blinkers and undertray are having some serious issues!

This post has 2 parts. I have a 2002 Audi TT 1.8turbo equipped with Quattro. It has around 70k miles on it.

Here are my problems:

1. When I had my oil changed the last time at a location different than normal, the mechanic showed me where someone who had previously serviced the car, had cut a hole through the car's undertray to try and remove the oil filter without taking the undertray off. Also about 1/2 the bolts that secure the undertray were missing. I am having trouble with the undertray sliding itself out from underneath the bodywork on both the right and left-front corners and hanging from below the car so that they are not secured under the car as they should be because of these missing bolts. I have tried racer's tape and duct tape but both come undone and the undertray slide out from the bodywork under high speeds. Where can I get new bolts? And/or what else can I do to keep the undertray from coming off the bottom of the car.

2. I also have this problem with the blinkers on the car coming and going. It seems as though it were some sort of a short in the wiring. Sometimes the blinkers will work properly without a glitch. Other times they will not blink at all. Usually they will blink once or twice, then go out. Does anyone know what is causing this issue and/or how to fix it.

Thanks!
Andrew

Old 09-20-2007, 08:55 AM
4th Gear
Default RE: My TT's blinkers and undertray are having some serious issues!

you might be able to get one of the hex screws at like a home depot or lowes.... just bring on in and see what they say...

and about the blinkers... thats so weird because my dad had the same problem with his TT and we ended up having to bring it to the dealer... something really qwerky with the electronics

Old 09-20-2007, 09:03 AM

You're running low on blinker fluid!

Click HERE to purchase more.

Actually its just your hazard switch that is going bad. Its a cheap part and easy to replace as long as you have the radio removal keys.

Click HERE for a good writeup to help.

Old 09-20-2007, 09:44 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: diehlryan

You're running low on blinker fluid!

Click HERE to purchase more.
You beat me to it.

Old 09-20-2007, 09:45 AM
2nd Gear

I love that website! Make sure to get a couple flux capacitors while you're at it. Also the chin nuts might help with your undertray. But anyways, if you dont have the radio keys you can go up to the audi dealership and ask them to unhook it for you. Thats what I did, took them all of 40 seconds. From there its a sinch, there's a write up somewhere around here.

Old 09-20-2007, 09:57 AM

ORIGINAL: moeron7

I love that website! Make sure to get a couple flux capacitors while you're at it. Also the chin nuts might help with your undertray. But anyways, if you dont have the radio keys you can go up to the audi dealership and ask them to unhook it for you. Thats what I did, took them all of 40 seconds. From there its a sinch, there's a write up somewhere around here.
you must have missed my 2nd link.

Old 09-20-2007, 10:02 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: diehlryan
you must have missed my 2nd link.
Yes, yes I did.

Old 09-20-2007, 10:05 AM
4th Gear

torx underbelly screws ES#4790 $0.35 each

Unless you plan on buying the Hazard Relay from ECS as well, you'll end up paying more for shipping.

Old 09-20-2007, 12:02 PM

I took my 2002 TT in today with the same issues. They told me the bracket for the pan is around $20. I'll let you know what they say about the blinkers.

Old 09-20-2007, 12:04 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: outofcontrol

I took my 2002 TT in today with the same issues. They told me the bracket for the pan is around $20. I'll let you know what they say about the blinkers.
Dont let them charge you up the @ss to fix the blinker. Its only like a $50 part and takes under 5 minutes to change it out. If you can just buy the part and do it yourself. I had the same problem.

Quick Reply: My TT's blinkers and undertray are having some serious issues!