Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Navigation Voice Recognition Problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2017, 03:21 PM
1st Gear
Default Navigation Voice Recognition Problem

I absolutely love my 2016 TT, except for the navigation voice recognition when entering a destination. I've had it back to the dealer 3 times. They keep telling me that there's nothing wrong, but even they can't get it to work all the time. I have done the voice training module several times to no avail. I try speaking fast, slow and everything in between. After speaking the address, the choices given are nothing close to what I said. This is particularly true if the town or street is not widely known. If it's a major street in or nearby my city, it sometimes works; not always. It's very frustrating to say the least. If I write the characters on the MMI wheel, it usually works, but this is very time consuming. Is it me, the car, or a poorly designed system? Have any of you experienced this problem? I'd appreciate any input or suggestions. Thank you for your anticipated reply.

Tom

Old 04-18-2018, 11:14 PM
1st Gear
Default voice input to navigation system does not work

voice input to navigation system does not work on 2015 sq5. can I get money back for nav system? is there any way to get this to work properly? should't this be fixed under warranty?

Last edited by ssurloff; 04-19-2018 at 08:00 AM.
Old 03-21-2020, 10:12 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by tkhover
I absolutely love my 2016 TT, except for the navigation voice recognition when entering a destination. I've had it back to the dealer 3 times. They keep telling me that there's nothing wrong, but even they can't get it to work all the time. I have done the voice training module several times to no avail. I try speaking fast, slow and everything in between. After speaking the address, the choices given are nothing close to what I said. This is particularly true if the town or street is not widely known. If it's a major street in or nearby my city, it sometimes works; not always. It's very frustrating to say the least. If I write the characters on the MMI wheel, it usually works, but this is very time consuming. Is it me, the car, or a poorly designed system? Have any of you experienced this problem? I'd appreciate any input or suggestions. Thank you for your anticipated reply.

Tom

Hi Tom,
Just curious if you eventually got Audi to repair the issue? I bought a 2019 Q5, and have the same issue. Very frustrating to say the least.