Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Need a little help... 2012 BMW 335 vs. 2012 Audi TT

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 11:56 AM
1st Gear
Default Need a little help... 2012 BMW 335 vs. 2012 Audi TT

Hey guys,

So, this is going to be a long, detailed post, the end of which I'm going to ask you for a lot of advice. So, thanks in advance for reading.

To start, my first two cars were a 2001 BMW 325 followed by a 2006 BMW 328 coupe. Then, looking for some additional horse power, I gave into the dark side and leased an Infiniti G37s because I could not afford the lease on a 2009 335.

Lets just say, I regret the day I made that decision. The G37 has a wonderful touch screen, great Bose audi, fantastic seat warmers, and is all together a phenominal value when compared to BMW's slowly increasing prices.

That said, the vehicle has poor steering feel on mid to large sweepers and the transmission is... lets just not get started on that. I need my performance back. I need the feel of the road back. I need TORQUE back.

So, that's why I'm posting here today. I'll be in the market when my lease ends in June and I wanted to get your opinions and advice on lease prices.

2012 Audi TT
I'd be looking at getting the latest engine, prestige. I *really* want magnetic ride as it just sounds like one of those toys that would serve well for... "dynamic weekend canyon driving." Furthermore, from what I hear, without it, the TT isn't as high performing as the looks and class category might suggest. Additionally, I was thinking of throwing the sports package on there too... not because I care about the front intakes or anything, but those sport rims... WOW they transform the TT from the one your neighbor owns, to something much more special.

So, this is a pretty loaded TT and I'm hoping that because its a little older, that the lease price could be managed for around $550 a month? Maybe $3500 down? What do you guys think and what experiences with leases have you had?

Please note, I live in Southern California.

2012 BMW 335
And then, there's the other option. BMW has just gotten expensive as of late. But, I do fondly miss the handling, torque, and just unmatched interior class that I found in my prior 3 series.

Because this car is new, the lease is bumping (high) so I can't really get any options on this vehicle, I don't think... I'd want a sports edition, with sports transmission, and the upgraded sound package. I'd love to get navigation/heads up display and leather, but honestly, not sure I can afford it.

The question then comes down to, can either of these vehicle be leased within my $550 a month range? And if so, what are your opinions on which to take?

Finally, What I'm Looking For in a Vehicle
Right now, my goal is performance. Especially steering feel and torque. Two things I've missed over the last 3 years with my Infiniti. Again, lease price around $550 a month.

Thanks for your input!

Old 02-23-2012, 02:06 PM
I'm make believe

If you really are looking for performance, sounds like you really should just buy a barely used model instead of leasing. Modern cars with turbos (both cars mentioned should be iirc) car get a large bump in power with a simple retune. Plus these options have been around for a bit and available on older models.

Also since you seem to be a sedan guy, you might want to look at a 3.0t supercharged S4. It's really goin to depend on a test drive to see what wins your heart.

Old 02-23-2012, 07:11 PM
1st Gear

I just got out of my G37 and into a new S4. The difference in performanc, power and torque are incredibly noticeable, advantage Audi. I wanted more performance but didn't want to give up the luxury interior feel I had in my G, in my opinion the BMW interior is fugly, and it seems everyone has a 328 or 335 these days. Go with the S, you don't see them too often and you will not be disappointed with the performance, power or looks. I got mine for $585 with $3k out of pocket. Fully loaded except for titanium pkg, little over $55k msrp. Good luck!