Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.
View Poll Results: A poll
YES
33.33%
NO
66.67%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Nitrous?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 01:12 PM
3rd Gear
Default Nitrous?

Just thinking about putting nitrous on my TT. Now before everyone starts flaming and everything remember I am not your averageteenage kid (sorry TTkid) that watches too much Fast and the Furious and Vin Diesel is my hero kinda guy, and I will throw a 75 dry shot on my moms minivan. I am talking about running nitrous only when needed on top of everything else that I am going to do. Making safe and reliable horsepower. You may ask "How you gona do that?" Here would be the setup....100 shot NX direct port nitrous system, (w all the goodies: bottle heater, purge valve, window switch,wot switch etc..) Scat Rods, Raceware headbolts, and a w/m dual port injection system to help with detonation. I would only spray in 3+ gears and above at least 4K rmps? Of course I will monitor my a/f with Vag-Com do some tweaking with Lemmiwinks. I was just wondering what you guys think. Let me have it!!!!

Old 07-19-2007, 01:24 PM
I'm make believe
Default RE: Nitrous?

youll need a fuel pump also. But if you have scats, you can spray whenever. If you were running stock rods, a 50 wet shot above 3.5k is about all you can do.

Old 07-19-2007, 01:38 PM
3rd Gear

Ahh sweet then I will move it down to about 3.5 or 3.7 rmps I really dont need anything lower than that. Yes and a fuel pump thanks for pointing that one out! Lol

Old 07-19-2007, 05:08 PM
4th Gear

why would you need a new fuel pump? what has to be different about it

Old 07-19-2007, 11:06 PM
I'm make believe

you need a pump that moves more lph (liters/hour) to make sure there is plenty of fuel present, expecially since its getting injected in the manifold by the direct port AND injectors

Old 07-19-2007, 11:08 PM
4th Gear

ok so you would need a bigger fuel pump or something that gives more flow. gotcha

Old 07-19-2007, 11:10 PM
I'm make believe

255lph walbro will be enough, either inline or drop in. You will need on if you go BT also btw

Old 07-19-2007, 11:12 PM
5th Gear

I hear the in-line pumps from mid-late 80's Audi 4000s or similiar are great pumps. I've never flow tested one, but they're torquey little bastards, I'll say that. I had 3 of them at one point, but they got all varnished up and I tossed them.

Old 07-19-2007, 11:42 PM
I'm make believe

the walbro inlines are $125-125 shipped new. Not over expensive comepared to most.

Old 07-20-2007, 02:11 AM
1st Gear

Nitrous is great on paper, but in real life it's a PITA. Getting the bottle filled is pricey and you have to find somewhere to do it. When you let it sit for a while, you are not sure what you have left. It's a substantial amount of extra plumbing, wiring, and weighton your car. You have to waste some purging to be sure it will be there ready for you so the car doesn't stumble. When you run low, the car goes way rich and falls on it's face. To do right, you need to retard the timing while in use. You have to be able to read your plugs to calibrate your A/F jets, and do it fast before you hurt something. Then after you run with it, your car will feel pig slow without it. You will always be thinking and saying, "if I had the bottle on!" The TT is a turbo car. Why not push the limits of your bottom end with boost instead of something that is such a PITA? In short,I've been there, done that, don't recomend it for a TT. Sorry.

Quick Reply: Nitrous?