Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Nokian tires

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 10:19 PM
1st Gear
Default Nokian tires

I want to replace the Factory installed run flat 18" tires (Self-Supporting Runflat-Tires (SST) 245/40 all-seasons) on my 2008 Audi TT Quattro Roadster with Nokian WR "all season" tires.

1. Will the Nokian tires fit the existing stock rims on the Audi?

2. Will the pressure sensors still work with this tire?

3. Can the tire be ordered by my Audi Dealer or a local tire place here in New York City?

4. Would I be better off installing the Nokian tires on new rims and change the tire/rims each Winter?

5, What specs for the 18" rims do I need for these tires for perfect mounting and pressure sensor function?

6. Do I have to get new pressure sensors if I get a second set of rims for these tires?

7. If I get the tires and rims from different vendors, where can I get the tires mounted without rim damage in the greater New York area. "One of things I hate about seasonally swapping tires is the tire shop gorillas beating up my wheels. I always go in the work bay to watch that they set up their "no touch" equipment correctly, and actually get "snake eyes" when balancing them. The gorillas hate it, I hate it."

Old 08-03-2007, 11:55 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: Nokian tires

1. yes they will, just get the right dimensions...

2. sensors should still work, just make sure you have the right pressure in the tire

3. audi dealer will order and mount for you.(for a price of course)

4.if i were you... id get nokia hakkapolitta's for the winter and and get a good summer tire... if you have the money, rims dont really matter, you can have the same rims just different tires, also, i had nokian winter tires on a 7 series bmw and they were great, and i know in NYC you get a lot of snow.

5. dimensions will be the same as your current 18 inch wheel/tire

6. dont worry about pressure sensors... as long as you can tell if you have a flat or not then your fine..

7. Not sure, not from NYC, however, im sure an audi dealer would be fine even though they do tend to rip you off on simple things like this.