Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Oil pressure warning light

Old 11-10-2005, 09:10 PM
Default Oil pressure warning light

Help required please!!! The oil pressure light on my 2000 180 roadster keeps coming on when it pleases. I.ve had it in at the dealers and they wanted 1500euros for a new instrument panel.

I took the car away and have done some research on various sites, some saying take out fuses and replace fuses, others saying replace the coolant temperature sensor, which was good feedback as the temperature gauge stopped operating at the same time i had problems with the oil pressure warning light.

Could anyone explain where the coolant temperature sensor is located, approximate cost of the part, and difficulty in replacing it.
I would appreciate this as i think audi are charging quite a lot for little work and i'm not happy with their diagnosis of the problem.
Any feedback would be greatly useful to me, including other possible remedies.

Old 11-10-2005, 10:05 PM
Default RE: Oil pressure warning light

first thing is check the oil pressure not by the instrument panel if ok then panel is out if not its the sensor or oil pump

Old 11-11-2005, 04:10 AM
5th Gear

this is your coolant temp sensor.

And with a screenname like HoTTie, we're gonna need pictures...

Old 07-03-2007, 02:41 PM
1st Gear

I was wondering what ever came of this? I have been receiving an oil pressure light and then a minute or so later the temp gauge just drops to C then again after a few minutes it comes back up to the middle spot where it generally sits...I am at a loss at this point for what it is, but it was something as simple as the coolant temp sensor then I'd be thrilled...any advice would be most welcome. Thank you!

Old 07-03-2007, 02:45 PM

ORIGINAL: ljzrelak

I was wondering what ever came of this? I have been receiving an oil pressure light and then a minute or so later the temp gauge just drops to C then again after a few minutes it comes back up to the middle spot where it generally sits...I am at a loss at this point for what it is, but it was something as simple as the coolant temp sensor then I'd be thrilled...any advice would be most welcome. Thank you!
you dug deep for this thread...

Old 07-03-2007, 07:53 PM
1st Gear

Search did most of the work, but yeah...I really am wonderin what's up with the car, and know I should just take it in, but if it's only a sensor problem that can be easily fixed by me, why bring it in right? heh...

Old 02-06-2009, 05:25 PM
1st Gear

well i dug even deeper than the last person , did you find a solution , if you did please share i have the same problem and i have a 2001 tt 225 please email at kbdrake07@yahoo.com

Old 02-06-2009, 10:32 PM
1st Gear

i know atp told me when this come on 9 times out of ten, there is oil sludge and it clogs something, maybe this will jog someones memory as to what it was that gets clogged. IM pretty sure it is some screen somewhere.

Old 03-13-2009, 12:33 PM
Default audi TT 2001 oil pressure light

Yes, it's works i just replaced the temperature sender with the new green model and oil can light disappear no more three annoying beeps.

Old 03-14-2009, 01:46 AM
5th Gear

Originally Posted by jhsoccerodp
i know atp told me when this come on 9 times out of ten, there is oil sludge and it clogs something, maybe this will jog someones memory as to what it was that gets clogged. IM pretty sure it is some screen somewhere.
the oil pick up, its got a screen to block debris.

like your oil pump is drinking a milkshake thru a straw. not the easiest feat.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Oil pressure warning light