Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Oil pressure warning light

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 07:38 PM

venelind...

Just to be sure, you replaced the coolant temp sender, & the red oil pressure light doesn't come on anymore when you come to a stop?

I have the same problem, had the pressure checked and verified OK. Still get the 3 beeps. I'll replace it, but I don't see the connection between coolant temp and oil pressure.

Let me know if I'm reading you right. Thanks.

Old 03-16-2009, 11:22 AM
Default Temp sender

Yes is very weird and I can not see connection too but this was my though on the first place. Also I got my temperature sender from stillership for $30 here in Vegas (temp sender + o-ring+ clip) but you may get this parts online for less then $20. It is very easy to be replaced just do not forget to put pan under the place to collect coolant fluid.

Everything start one morning, when I start the engine and i got 3 beeps but for a few months noting happen just this 3 beeps everytime when I start the engine, and one morning I got 3 beeps 20-30 min after i slow down to stop on the red light and the oil pressure light start coming out flashing I pull over check the oil but nothing was wrong and the same time I saw that the temperature gauge went to C. I have been reading forums for a week and there was a lot posts from other people that they already change (oil pump , filter, oil oil sender ) and they still have this problem so I start from temperature sender and I was lucky.

Last edited by venelind; 03-16-2009 at 11:36 AM.
Old 03-08-2010, 09:20 AM
Exclamation a6 audi 2.7t oil pressure light on

i was driving my car just like a normal day, then i hear beep beep beep. i lookd at the screen and i see the oil pressure light on. i stop and checkd the oil and the dip stick showed it was over fiilled so i thought there was no need to add oil "maybe is just a over fill" but i would never do tat. i been cheking my oil pressure for 2 days already, i noticed some little tiny bubbles. i took the car to the mechanic and he said it could be a bad oil pump which is about $260 labor about $200. the mechanic also mention he had to remove the front suspension in oder to b able to remove the oil pump is this true?? and is thre anything else i can try to do before replacing the oil pump?? please help!!

Old 05-15-2023, 02:57 PM
Default Answer to ?

Originally Posted by gabriel-gutierrez
i was driving my car just like a normal day, then i hear beep beep beep. i lookd at the screen and i see the oil pressure light on. i stop and checkd the oil and the dip stick showed it was over fiilled so i thought there was no need to add oil "maybe is just a over fill" but i would never do tat. i been cheking my oil pressure for 2 days already, i noticed some little tiny bubbles. i took the car to the mechanic and he said it could be a bad oil pump which is about $260 labor about $200. the mechanic also mention he had to remove the front suspension in oder to b able to remove the oil pump is this true?? and is thre anything else i can try to do before replacing the oil pump?? please help!!
bro that is not true he is trying to rip you off, all you have to remove is the oil pan under the car and three bolts holding the oil pump in place ….

Old 05-15-2023, 03:00 PM

I have same problem and I have replaced the oil pump the oil pressure sensor and oil level sensor I put new oil and filter in car and still have oil can light with three beeps ???? Help help help ???? Please