Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

omg, i cracked the ecu, rev and boost!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2007, 12:28 PM
1st Gear
Default omg, i cracked the ecu, rev and boost!!!!!

succsess!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! there are two secret adaption channels that i found using a hex editor. normal lemiwinks/unisettings show 14 as does vag com. but long story short, there are two more. i reset them to 00,00 and though my boost did not drop to factory settings, only went down a few psi, which i induce is from the apr chip, but my rev limiter went back to stock and my cmd boost went almost back to stock. all this was done with a vag cable.i then put my settings back to where they were and the boost went back to 22psi and the rev went back 7200 rpm. now i need to find a virgin ecu to load these settings in to see. who wants more info!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-25-2007, 12:50 PM
5th Gear
Default RE: omg, i cracked the ecu, rev and boost!!!!!

tempting, but I can't afford a mistake. Only wheels, and I travel for work.

Definately document all that, sounds interesting.

Old 12-25-2007, 01:04 PM
1st Gear

Im not responsible in any way for what happens when you do this and you except full responsabilty for everything!

1.Download the two programs below
1.http://www.unitronic.ca/uni/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id= 148&Itemid=58
2.http://www.hhdsoftware.com/Products/home/hex-editor-free.html

***You need a usb vag com cable.******
2.Connect your vag cable to the car and open up unisettings, save the current file twice. Name the first as 1 and the second as 20 so there not to be confused.
3. using the hex editor, drag the file named 20 to the screen. You will see 16 bits. The last two are what you are concerned about. They should read 00,00 if your stock. What mine said was 76. ff. *that is for a 2000 180 fwd with a apr 93 chip. * edit them to those setting to try it out, *****at your own risk though****** once the settings set, click save and close the program. Reopen th program to check to see if the have been correctly saved, if so close the program once again.
4. with unisettings, click load file, type in 20 in the file name box,***you will not see the file in the screen***** also, if you do not adjust any other settings except the last two, you will not notice anything different in the screen. So I reomend changing changing the additive speed offset to something like 20 so you know it loaded in.
5. click write to ecu, once finished cycle the ignition switch and hit read from ecu to make sure it took it.
6. do a throttle body adaptation next, and log you rev limiter and cmd boost and mani boost to see what changes have been made.
post your findings. oh, btw, the first file numbered 1, is your back up file to go back to your orgional settings.
Good luck and merry x-mass
i will answer any questions that i can.

Old 12-25-2007, 01:24 PM
SoCal Crew Member

whoa unitronics has a free hex-editor for their software? hmm

let me know on your progress. i want a copy of revo's trial software so i can tinker with their trial period and crack the duration of the flash to last forever. free Revo flashes for all

(just incase anyone at Revo reads this, i was just KIDDING.)

edit: also if you can, find the increments of boost(bar/psi), RPM, etc. with each integer in the hex decimal spot. do some calculations! i myte invest in a vag-com if ur findings prove to be true.

Old 12-25-2007, 01:40 PM
1st Gear

laymans terms, those two channels can't be seen with the program ,but exist. they can be seen with the free hex editor though. its almost the same as adjusting your primary fuel sttings with unisettings or lemmi winks, but with a few more easy steps.

Old 12-25-2007, 03:22 PM
2nd Gear

So this oughta adjust boost levels and remove the rev limiter?

Guess it's one step closer to having swappable flashes

I heard that people with C5 Vettes literally email/download each other's custom tweaked programs. Audi...you have to pay $400 [:@]

Old 12-25-2007, 04:54 PM
1st Gear

yup, you could do it yourself with those free programs and save then email them to whom ever. lets explore all the ways.

Old 12-25-2007, 05:29 PM
SoCal Crew Member

^ same with STi guys with their engine management systems. just download maps posted up in forums

Old 12-25-2007, 09:47 PM

im new to this vag cable stuff (i have the VAG cable from ebay). So basically your saying we can tune our own car with what you said .... if so... does that mean i dont have to get a chip to get those results? (sorry if this is really stupid) i have no idea on the whole ecu unit in our cars

Old 12-26-2007, 10:37 AM
1st Gear

ok, try this, download unisettings and the hex editor above. if your ebay cable is a usb it should work. now, plug the cable into your car while unisettings is running on your computer. turn on your ignition but not startyour car. next click read from ecu, if your computer comunicates with the ecu, then your in buissness. once it has read in the current values, click save to disk and give it a number like 1 or something. do this agian with a number like 20. file 1 will be your default stock settings. next with just unisettings, you can raise your speed limiter and advance your timing.once all desired changes are made, click write to ecu, when thats finished turn off your ignition and turn it back on, click read from ecu and see if the changes have been writen to the eprom during its "house keeping" mode.this is all done through kwp2000, its kinda like a back door to the ecu.now if you want to try more, take your file named 20 and drop it into the hex editor. in unisettings you will see that there is only 14 channels, in the hex editor you will 16. the last two are hidden. these two channels are set to zero from unisettings, unless you had something already there.you can try at your own risk what mine was set at.

Quick Reply: omg, i cracked the ecu, rev and boost!!!!!