Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Overheating Audi TT Please help!

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2016, 03:24 PM
1st Gear
Default Overheating Audi TT Please help!

Hi guys i am experiencing bad overheating problems with my car, it's only happened recently. I had a problem with the fuse shorting out for the radiator fans a while back and while this happened again this time, the replacement of the fuses did not fix it. I am referring to the fan fuse on top of the battery, and my car has been running rough ever since. Only takes 30 mins before it is completely overheating and the temp gauge is to the top. I had replaced the temp sensor, radiator switch as well as the thermostat yesterday and still no change. I don't know what to do guys, does anyone know what to do?

Old 09-10-2016, 04:05 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Mannygonzo87
Hi guys i am experiencing bad overheating problems with my car, it's only happened recently. I had a problem with the fuse shorting out for the radiator fans a while back and while this happened again this time, the replacement of the fuses did not fix it. I am referring to the fan fuse on top of the battery, and my car has been running rough ever since. Only takes 30 mins before it is completely overheating and the temp gauge is to the top. I had replaced the temp sensor, radiator switch as well as the thermostat yesterday and still no change. I don't know what to do guys, does anyone know what to do?
I would also like to add that once the temp on the car reaches mid way the auxiliary fan does not turn on, it only turns on when I turn on the a/c. I know this is normally triggered by a bad thermostat or a bad fan switch, but if replaced both, then what else can be the issue?

Old 09-12-2016, 04:36 PM
1st Gear
Default Radiator Fans

Hi Buddy Im having the same issue. Yesterday at audi dealer I was talking with a EXPERT technicians and he told me to change the fans, that happend because a resistor inside the motor fan. I did the same bro, I remplaced the water pump, the switch sensor, coolant tem sensor, thermostat, and the originaal FCU, FAN CONTROL UNIT (120) brand new and still the same. I spent 300 only in parts and still having the issue, Thanks god the labor is on me.