Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

PIE Ipod Integration

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 12:31 PM
Default PIE Ipod Integration

I (a friend) installed a PIE connection to my cd changer in the back seat. The install was complete and the Ipod is being finicky. I cannot figure out how to consistently access the Ipod. I'm not a techie but I'm not an idiot. I know it uses the playlists as cd's. I know you can control the sound and tracks on the head unit and Ipod. It's worked a few times w/o problems. The other few times it will not switch from LOAD on the head unit to reading the content. I've tried changing the mode, having a cd in and out of the unit and switching to the changer. I've tried turning on and off the car and unit. Going directly to a playlist and so on. The Ipod is charged and working everywhere else so it's got to be a setting that's being fooled with or a the way in which I'm turning on and accessing the Ipod. Or I'm an idiot after all. It was working last night when I got out of my car so I left everything alone and when I got in this morning it wouldn't read it even though nothing had changed except turning off the car. Help. I know it's something simple but I'm frustrated and that's getting in the way of logic at this point. Oh and its a million degrees here in Austin, Texas.

Old 07-01-2008, 06:46 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: PIE Ipod Integration

what item did you install? I ordered pn# AIP-VW02-ID for my 2001. Still waiting for it to arrive

Old 07-02-2008, 11:35 AM
Default RE: PIE Ipod Integration

Audi to iPOD2 PIE Interface (AUD / PC-POD2) iPod

After changing the hard disk feature plus making sure the stereo is off when I start the car, then turning it on, putting it on cd or radio, attaching the ipod and then changing the source to cd changer then hitting play-it works. Twice today. I think this is it. I don't know why it was being such a pain but alas it seems to have taken the path of least resistence. yay!