Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Question on the worth of my Audi TT

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 04:00 AM
1st Gear
Default Question on the worth of my Audi TT

So I have a

2000 Audi TT 180 Quattro
it has a little less then 93,000 miles on the car
I only use Extended Performance Synthetic Mobile One Oil usually 0w-30 in summer and 5w-30 in winter

but the car has
New Nitto Invo tires with around 1000 miles on them
Most likely I'm guessing the engine will be rebuilt soon
I have a K04 Turbo manifold, downpipe set up like the 225 model TT on the car minus the 2nd Intercooler and Duel Exhaust that is omn the 225 models ( only have the receipts for the turbo, but the turbo wouldnt fit on the car without the right manifold and downpipe)[they were the previous owners additions}
also have a new water pump with a metal pulley instead of the stock plastic one
a new timing belt
a new thermostat
new NGK Spark plugs last month (tune up)
Revo Chipped
new fuel line
new rear Akebono Brake Pads: ProACTTM Ceramic
Injen cold air intake and I still have the stock air intake compartment and K&N air filters for both intakes
It will also by August have a Bailey Diverter Valve installed on it
has original Bose radio set up with 6 disc CD changer

I have receipts for everything that has been done
and I will have a receipt for proof of the engine being rebuilt and the diverter valve when I have it installed.

Problems:
Leather drivers seat has wear spots, But NO rips or holes or anything of the sort
other seats are in pretty good condition
drivers floor mat has two worn in spots where my foot sits for the clutch and for the gas
car has 2 key scratches about a foot long, one on each side of the car from whomever the jerk was that did them but they've been touched up painted and barely noticeable
car has a small centimeter size inward circle on drivers side from someone opening there door on my car

and thats it

so I was wondering how much you think my car would be worth in August then
because I was thinking about maybe going for a new MK2 model black TT
but most likely I'll just keep my Black Pearl to save money and just put more work into her :]

but yea How much do you think I could get for her if I decided to sell her?

Old 06-22-2008, 11:37 AM
5th Gear
Default RE: Question on the worth of my Audi TT

'new' replacement parts don't do much for value. Changing the timing belt doesn't increase the value of the car, same with spark plugs, or any other maintenance part.

Mods generally decrease the value of the car, unless you can find another enthusiast who you can convince you didn't beat on the car, then you'll break even probably.

So basically, hit up NADA.com or kbb.com, and find the private party value of your car, and be happy with that.

Old 06-22-2008, 11:45 AM
1st Gear

Would really come down to finding the right buyer. NADA is a baseline, you could get more if the buyer appreciates the additional work you've put into it. Having receipts is critical.

Old 06-22-2008, 11:49 AM
2nd Gear

Your car was worth more wrecked a year ago than it is now.

Old 06-22-2008, 11:49 AM
5th Gear

I could appreciate the mods he's done, but I'd still use it against him on the price. Based pretty much around what I said about beating on the car.

You'd have to find someone clueless to mods who would pay a premium for stuff he/she wouldn't be willing to do themselves.

Old 06-22-2008, 12:13 PM
1st Gear

ok
well i mention the timing belt etc
because im showing i've kept up maintenance on the car properly
I figured the engine rebuild would be a big value adder
though the cold air intake would be a negative but I still have the original air box so not a problem
as well as the Revo chip I even though it benefits the car
I could easily find out what the buyer is looking for over the phone before telling them about that car and personally showing that person the car
then i can make an educated guess as to if i should tell them about aftermarket work or not and if I should switch out the air intake

I was thinking itd be around $14000-16000 but kelly and NADA are telling me around $12000-13000

Old 06-22-2008, 12:21 PM
3rd Gear

most people get scared when u tell them the engine is or will be rebuilt...tend to ask lots questions of why it is or was rebuilt...helps if u have proof that a well know shop or master mechanic does the work

Old 06-22-2008, 02:43 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: MeanAudiA6

most people get scared when u tell them the engine is or will be rebuilt...tend to ask lots questions of why it is or was rebuilt...helps if u have proof that a well know shop or master mechanic does the work
yup yup. If i see a car and it says "new engine" or something along those lines i wont even look at it.

Old 06-22-2008, 03:17 PM
1st Gear

Guess ill just keep her haha