B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

2000 Audi A4 damage,worth repairing? or keep just for spare parts for my 2001 Audi A4

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 09:01 PM
2nd Gear
Default 2000 Audi A4 damage,worth repairing? or keep just for spare parts for my 2001 Audi A4

This is Footage of a 2000Audi A4 that was damaged,when a tree feel on top of it,the person that is trying to sell it,doesn't have the title,so he is selling it for 700.00 is this a good price?

I want to buy it and fix it up,the engine is good,no check engine light,the engine makes a ticking noise but its not very loud,i doubt it's anything to worry about.

No,how hard would it be to get another title for this car in the state of connecticut? and how much,would the CT. DMV charge me? or is it even worth fixing up? should i keep i for spare parts? being i have a 2001 Audi A4,both are silver and have black leather/interior. Watch youtube video for raw footage!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbhSUVGoooI

Old 08-04-2010, 09:51 PM
1st Gear

Parting it out would be a pain and frame damage cripples you from trying to fix it up and selling it again. I would walk away solely for the title discrepancy

Walk away and DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR TITLE. That would be one of the stupidest things ever.

Old 08-04-2010, 10:10 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by DanPHines
Parting it out would be a pain and frame damage cripples you from trying to fix it up and selling it again. I would walk away solely for the title discrepancy

Walk away and DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR TITLE. That would be one of the stupidest things ever.
Yeah,i meant to say my title to my 1997 vw jetta not my 2001 A4 ^_^ I have to agree,to disagree with you,like i said in the video,this car is worth more than 700.00 parted out,not to mention,worth more than 700.00 to me,since i can use the car as a spare parts hub,that's if the cost to repair it,isn't going to exceed the value. i'll get a few more people opinions,being i see people on this forum and others,trying to get parts for their B5's, getting one that runs just for 700.00 for spare parts,when you already own a B5,is like hitting the jack pot!

Old 08-04-2010, 10:13 PM
1st Gear

The thing you have to think about is where are you going to stick the half car you will have while parting it out over the process of a few years. Stick it on cinder blocks in the front lawn?

Old 08-04-2010, 10:20 PM
2nd Gear

I have connections to a garage for storing purposes,if need be ,i do plan on fixing it,though. I already have a appointment with a good friend of mine,that does auto body work,pain jobs ect.... He even painted my A4,he does very good work,at a decent price,tomorrow at around 6:00 PM im gonna show him my movie clip of the car that i uploaded to youtube on my digital camera,so he can give me an assessment on if the car can be repaired or not,how much if it can ect.. either way,i am going to buy it wither it be for parts or repair,I'm gonna win either way i go for 700.00 for a good engine and parts.

Old 08-05-2010, 03:35 AM
2nd Gear

The worst case is,the car can't be repaired,then i'll just buy it for parts,simple as that.

Old 08-05-2010, 07:24 AM
Administrator

I guess my only concern would be *why* he doesn't have the title? Who does have it? $700 isn't bad for a whole parts car with a running motor, you could prolly pull the motor and sell that for double what you paid for the car

Old 08-05-2010, 08:39 AM
1st Gear

Ya man what he said ^^^^ were's the title? i mean it's a good deal for the part's and stuff, but idk know how it is up there but hear in Florida if you dont have the title of the car you dont own the car. And cop's come around asking who's car that is and let me see proof of ownership it's one of those OH SH#T moment's best thing to do is-------------you and the guy go down to the DMV, and if he really owns the car, at the DMV you can electronically sign for the title, and they will charge you like 100 buck's i think to send you the new title if you want, BUT objective hear is just to get the car under your name and if the cop's come's around you tell them look at my VIN and call it in and there the car will come out as under your name and you will have no problem. PROBLEM SOLVED

Old 08-05-2010, 09:44 AM
Super Moderator

If the title, is in their name, even if they dont have it, they can go get another from the dmv. Without the title I would say no, even if you are just going to part it AND you will NEVER fix that frame you would have to find a 3rd b5 cut the whole whole car top off from the bottom of the pillars and frankenstine over. YOU WILL be putting about 4k just to get it back to stock which is not worth it on that car if you want a 2nd car to drive.

Old 08-05-2010, 12:52 PM
2nd Gear

Yeah,i pretty much was thinking the same thing about not being able to fix it,so I'll buy it as a parts car for my 2001 B5 or part it out for myself,like all the door panels are perfect,i'll take them and swap them out with mine,being my door panels are all scratched up on the handles

I thought i was pretty clear in the video,when i was talking about,WHERE,WHAT AND WHY,regarding the title!!

The guy and his wife,bought the car from a dealership,they had a friend,that was going to register the car for them,being they are illegal in the united states,they are Portuguese and so is the douche that ripped them off. He basically kept the title,that the Dealership gave them,once they paid 6.000.00 for the car. The car was never registered by any of them,the last person that had the car registered,was probably the person,who sold or traded the car to the dealer,that sold it to them.

They have all the receipts from the dealership but i am not sure if that's enough to prove ownership as they don't hold the title but then again,the ******* that has the title,probably hasn't applied for a new title at the CT. DMV,being the car is pretty much totaled,there would be no reason to do so,unless you are trying to register the car or establish ownership.

I want to find out,if i can apply for a new title and claim ownership,without implicating the 2 people that bought the car,being they are illegal aliens,they won't be able to provide personal documents like a social security number,state ID ect....

I'm ok with buying it as a parts car,taking a few parts for myself and part out the rest,like someone said,i could pull the engine and sell it for more than what i paid for the whole car.

I really won't need the title if i am going to use it as a parts car anyway but i am going to meet up with my auto body guy and get confirmation on if its a done deal far as being fixable.

Give more feedback fellas.....

Last edited by morpheous; 08-05-2010 at 12:56 PM.

Quick Reply: 2000 Audi A4 damage,worth repairing? or keep just for spare parts for my 2001 Audi A4