Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Radio, oh Radio! Wherefore art thou radio!

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 07:14 PM
1st Gear
Default Radio, oh Radio! Wherefore art thou radio!

So here is the long and short of it.

So my brother in law just picked up a 2001 TT for a very good price. The major issue with the car was with the soft top, and that's been fixed. But now it seems that the damned radio up and dies.

So. I come to you oh goodly peoples of the interwebs to ask, What kind of radio can i install that will run his six disk changer that is already in the car.

Our friendly local Audi dealer offered one for 1,800 bucks, and well for that kind of money you just drive in quiet. Hey, you paid allot for that motor, listen to it sometimes.

Sadly that falls on deaf ears. Or rather not so deaf ears, just ones that want to listen to the radio.

I have found a great many new radios that would be a great and or grand improvement on the current model, even when it was working. But sadly there has yet to be a device that would operate the 6 disk changer as well.

So again, i ask. Where should this overly verbose windbag go to get a radio that would be the best of all worlds?